Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
67 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
I think an online newsletter is a great idea. I think it should have available a printable version for those who like to hold something in their hand when they read. I always liked the polls they have in another site I frequent. You could use the newsletter to introduce new tutorials then place them in a tutorial section so everyone can review them at anytime. Just throwing out a few ideas.

Just a bit off the newsletter subject, but has anyone looked into starting up the IOW? I liked seeing the best work every week. We would have to figure out if their was a way to track all the "public access" images added to our galleries. It was easy on the "other" site because all the images were avaiable and all of them were from members.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Gary - IOW will come as soon as Spider is finished tinkering with the galleries. ;)
Uh oh, someone is about to lose the young grasshoppa status.............GARY!!!!

Good ideas on the newsletter. I like the IOW also..never made it but did one time in editors choice and I was thrilled.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Jane,

I think you answered my question even before I posted it... :lol:
I was just about to aswer part of it myself. It didn't occur to me until I went to the main board with all the latest postings to the galleries... there must be a way of tracking them. Well ....duh. :oops:
Gary
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
jenclark wrote: Uh oh, someone is about to lose the young grasshoppa status.............GARY!!!!

Good ideas on the newsletter. I like the IOW also..never made it but did one time in editors choice and I was thrilled.

Well if I'm going to join the party, I might as well pass some drinks around.

Attachments

Gary
Gary, being a free forum with no revenue is impossible for a printed newsletter. The .pdf file will be downloadable so people can print off their own copies is they want. The tutorials can be added to the members tutorial section if the person who submits it wants to do that or someone do it for them after the newsletter is out but there will always be the thread for the newsletter they can always go back to or the tut could even be put in the thread for that particular issue.

OH MY :o :o :o Gary is here for the party. Congrats Gary

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
I love the idea!
And I'd love to see it once a month - but I just don't want to burn YOU out! Be careful, and if it becomes too burdensome doing it once a month, just let us know and spread it out a bit more.

I'm really looking forward to Dec. 1! :P
That is right.........do not burn yourself out. Just take one month at a time and if things get too much, deligate. I'm sure you will have many that would be happy to help.

Gary........glad your at the party but I'm not going to order a drink from you!!!! I have my own and I'm thinking Scotch. Mine come out of the bottle.

oops too late to party now, gotta get my beauty rest.......need all I can get these days. :P
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Gary! I think i will stick with coffee. I would love to have a forum newsletter. Kim what a fantastic job. It will be ours so if we find the frequency is to much , it is ours we can always change it.
Thanks everyone, I will definitely not let it over burden me. I am working on a template now so the info can just be inputted each month pretty easily provided you all get it to me in time. The first issue deadline is next Wednesday so lets be thinking of some great stuff to get it done. For future issues there will be more time to come up with things.

If it does get to be too much to do every month or if there aren't enough things submitted each month we will cut it back. Either way, I will keep you all updated it there is a problem getting it out on time. One thing to remember to is that I don't work and as many of you have pointed out, I don't sleep much either so I have lots of time. :mrgreen:

So all that said, lets put on our creative thinking caps and start submitting to the e-mail address in my signature. Don't forget to submit questions you have too so if Juergen accepts I can get the them to him. BTW, I PM'd him at the Village too.

Another note: To be PC, instead of using a Christmas color scheme I would do a Winter Wonderland Theme.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
67 posts Page 5 of 7