Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I THOUGHT BUYING THE SUPER EPSON PRINTER AND THE NEW ELEMENTS 7 AND PRINTING HERE IN MY STUDIO WAS GOING TO BE SUCH A TIME SAVER AND SO CONVENIENT BUT NO SUCH LUCK! ALL I WANT TO DO IS PRINT MY OWN BEAUTIFUL PICTURES FOR NOTE CARDS. THE PRINTS MUST BE 4 INCHES BY 6 INCHES AND I AM PUTTING THEM ON EPSON'S PREMIUM LUSTER PHOTO ROLL PAPER. I SELL THE NOTE CARDS BY THE DOZENS SO I NEED TO PRINT LOTS OF THE SAME IMAGE. I THOUGHT THE 16 INCH ROLL OF PAPER WAS PERFECT FOR 4 ACROSS. BUT I CAN NOT GET ELEMENTS, ON MY PC WITH VISTA TO DO IT.
I'M NOW A DESPERATE WOMEN IN NEED OF PROBABLY AN EASY ANSWER FOR SOMEONE OUT THERE. ANY HELP WOULD SURE BE APPRECIATED!!!
Do you feel you have to print out of Elements? I don't have Vista, but I know I've never printed out of Elements and never felt the need to. Did your Epson printer come with any printing software? I recommend that you check the Epson website for tips on printing with the roll paper. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. I hope you find an answer soon.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
answered your PM.

as a disclosure... I don't have PSE7 or vista but give my suggestion a try anyway.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Hello and welcome to the forum. Like Sunny I wonder if it is necessary to print from Elements. A large printer like that probably came with some sort of software with printing the way you want. Or you can get a printing software for what you want. Check Epson site as Sunny recommended and you will more than likely find a solution there.

Also, if you let use know what Epson printer model you have maybe someone here on the forum has one and can help. I know several people here do have Epson printers.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I'm on PSE6 but I should think this works in PSE7 too........

I use an Epson 4000 printer, by the way, 17" wide.

Just go to the Organizer. No idea why, but it seems this can only be done there and not in the Editor.

Select the picture you want to print. Go to File > Print. Hit the Page Setup button and choose your printer, paper source and paper size. If you select your large printer, make sure that the Paper Source is checked as Roll Paper. The dimensions, however, can get tricky. I have a 17" wide printer and can select the "US C 17" x 22"". (This won't do all your prints in one job but will probably be ok for 11 at a time at 4"x6"). The alternative is to put in your own paper size or, as I've found, just click on "User Defined". It may be safer to stick with an actual size, like the 17" x 22" - that should give you 11 photos per sheet at a time and is probably safest - you don't want to have a problem and find that the printer will continue printing 12feet of paper before it stops. You mention having a 16" wide roll of paper - that may be difficult but try the "Borderless" checkbox and see what you get after you do the next bit.

In the main Print dialogue box you will find three items to be checked:

First is the printer you want to use.
Second is the Type of Print. You will want "Individual Prints" - yes, not very intuitive, but that's Adobe.

Third section is the important part...... "Select Print Size and Options". Choose the dimensions you want. Then there's a checkbox for "One Photo Per Page" - obviously, leave this unchecked. Now here's the big one.....
"Use each photo ..... times", with a dropdown selection box. If you keep raising that number, the number of pages may well go up. From here on it's a case of "try it and see".

Now, you will get different numbers onto the paper depending on what size paper you put - more if you have put "User Defined" Dimensions in the Page Setup, as above.

Then there's a "Crop to Fit" box - leave unchecked.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
YIPPEE.... IT WORKED!!! THANKS TO ALL. MY COLOURFUL FALL PICS ARE PRINTED. SUPERB!!! I HAD A LOOK AT ALL THE OPTIONS AND WORKING FROM THE ORGANIZER AND USING THE PAPER SETTING OF US C 17 X 22 MADE THE DIFFERENCE. SINCERE THANKS TO ALL YOU GOOD PEOPLE!!! MDR
Is there a template you can download on their site? When we do our magazine printing we always have access to templates and designs ahead of time so we know what we an expect. With the internet now, there is no reason we can't have a good idea of what to expect ahead of time! :biggrin:
Hi Benhowland,

Good Luck on getting a response. Like many new members ( and, Welcome ) you have been looking at old threads. You have picked up on something that was being discussed almost three years ago.

I don't have the answer to your Q, somebody here might have.

Stick around and keep asking questions, the people here all try to help when they can.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
8 posts Page 1 of 1