Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
19 posts Page 2 of 2
I don't understand why they couldn't say anything before hand. Matt could have told me that they had something in the works and asked me to keep it under my hat. It is obvious that several memeber knew about this in advance based on statements they made before and after the forum was moved.

I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach - Christian and I have worked almost non-stop for the past 48 hours and we both have families that we could have been spending that time with let alone sleeping!
Dont let that get to you Jane, just consider that the old section of the library. This is the new section of the library, i dont mind that i can go find some archived information when i need it. I am honest i will go to our old site but mainly to read, here is where the heart is now.
Wags wrote: I don't understand why they couldn't say anything before hand. Matt could have told me that they had something in the works and asked me to keep it under my hat. It is obvious that several members knew about this in advance based on statements they made before and after the forum was moved.

I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach - Christian and I have worked almost non-stop for the past 48 hours and we both have families that we could have been spending that time with let alone sleeping!

Jane.. that is why we are here. We know ya'll worked your butt off. For all of us. Isn't it funny that the change over came almost as soon as this site was open? They were worried they would loose members.
But for me the damage had already been done.

I am sooooo sorry that both of you were put through all of that. Thank You!

All we wanted was the forum... it would have been very easy to explain what they were doing but instead they deceived us.
not good PR.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi_boo wrote:
Wags wrote: I don't understand why they couldn't say anything before hand. Matt could have told me that they had something in the works and asked me to keep it under my hat. It is obvious that several members knew about this in advance based on statements they made before and after the forum was moved.

Jane.. that is why we are here. We know ya'll worked your butt off. For all of us. Isn't it funny that the change over came almost as soon as this site was open? They were worried they would loose members.

All we wanted was the forum... it would have been very easy to explain what they were doing but instead they deceived us.
not good PR.

Kimi, I totally agree w/you. If they are so business oriented why didn't they send a message to all the forum members stating that they were willing to turn the forum over to the members in the beginning instead of waiting until now. I think their latest move was to save face on their part but its a little late for that. Its all about the money and they totally did what was best for them. Also, I still think Adobe should have stepped up. They made a lot of money in sales from the PET forum. Just my opinion.
kimi_boo wrote: Jane.. that is why we are here. We know ya'll worked your butt off. For all of us. Isn't it funny that the change over came almost as soon as this site was open? They were worried they would loose members.

not good PR.

I was reading Jonknee's timeline for how things happened - and you are right. About and hour or so after I announced that this site was open, he was notified that they wanted the forum migrated ASAP! And that was the first he had heard it was going to happen. I think this site opening so soon caught them off guard.
Wags wrote:
kimi_boo wrote: Jane.. that is why we are here. We know ya'll worked your butt off. For all of us. Isn't it funny that the change over came almost as soon as this site was open? They were worried they would loose members.

not good PR.

I was reading Jonknee's timeline for how things happened - and you are right. About and hour or so after I announced that this site was open, he was notified that they wanted the forum migrated ASAP! And that was the first he had heard it was going to happen. I think this site opening so soon caught them off guard.

And it could have played out completely different. We could have done nothing and it would have just been gone one day. That is what Matt kept telling us!
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi_boo wrote:

not good PR.

What Kim said! I didn't have a problem with the announcement that they were closing shop there(other than being disappointed) and was actually appreciative of the fact that they did give plenty of warning. But this latest wrinkle in the debacle leaves a foul taste in my mouth. Someone could have told you more concisely what was going to happen! After my subscription reparation is handled,I'll be deleting that site from my bookmarks.
On a more upbeat note-This site is looking great and it looks as if things are taking off nicely today. Happy to be here. :ugeek:
Well hello you'll! It's me smiles!! I had to go to the DR. early Friday and then I had to travel a bit further for my stepdaughters cheerleading compition, so I am just catching up. Wow I can't beleive all that has happened while I was out for a day or so!
Jane, hold your head up high, you have done an outstanding job! Thanks from the bottom of my heart! And I'm still willing to lend a hand if needed!
Smiles :lol:
Smiles, glad to see you here. Feels like home already since most of our forums friends have signed onto this sight.
19 posts Page 2 of 2