Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
32 posts Page 3 of 4
What a fun bird, they are hard to capture. Is that a bird feeder that has the mirror on the outside so you can sit right up to it and see them without them seeing you? If not, I wonder how well those work. I have seen them in the stores and always thought they would be something fun.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
No mirror, Jen,
it is just attached (2 suction cups) right to the window. I am about 12 inches away. Here is a shot I have made no attempt to do anything with - I post it because it shows "attachment to window"

Feeder.jpg
Feeder.jpg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 523 times

Chickadees and Nuthatches are both so tame they ignore me on the other side of the window. :D When you first put one up they will probably shy away from movement on the other side of the glass. By day-2 they know it's nothing to worry about.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
We turned a window box for plants into a bird feeder and they got so bold they would tap on the glass when they were out of food. And even the cat laying on the window sill didn't phase them at all. I counted over 37 different types of birds at that feeder including some normally shy ones.
Wags wrote: We turned a window box for plants into a bird feeder and they got so bold they would tap on the glass when they were out of food. And even the cat laying on the window sill didn't phase them at all. I counted over 37 different types of birds at that feeder including some normally shy ones.

Wags, take pictures of them, please, and share them with us!! I've about given up on backyard bird feeders after a years-long battle with the squirrels who climb on the feeders and the mice and rats that get into the seed containers in the garage (gnawed through a substantial plastic bucket.... :x )
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
That was our last house - we had a HUGE picture window and were on a migratory route so we got lots of feathered visitors. I'll have to see if I have any pictures I can scan in.

Seed has to be in metal cans, but finding metal cans anymore is nearly impossible. I can't find any here for my chicken or goat pellets. Neighbors cats kept the squirrels at bay, although we only had ground squirels to deal with.
Thanks for the tip on metal cans. I may have to go to one of the local antique 'shoppes' to find one of those...maybe an old milk can. But these rodents are intrepid....I'm not sure they can be stopped!
Chuck
Even the rats in Texas are bigger eh? :lol:
Wags wrote: Even the rats in Texas are bigger eh? :lol:

Of course!! :mrgreen:
Chuck
Hey, Tex (love the hat),

Ace Hardware has a good selection of metal garbage cans. I have two: one fill-sized and one 3/4 size.

Rusty :)
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, thanks. I'll pay a visit to Ace and see if they have something heavy-duty enough to handle rats on steroids..... :mrgreen:
Chuck
32 posts Page 3 of 4