Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
22 posts Page 2 of 3
oops forgot to add the drop down window is at bottom of screen of new window that opens with your images
It looks like you're trying to open the file from Windows Explorer Pic viewer. I don't know if thats possible but open PSE5,click -File-Open As. Then in the window that opens,find your pic where ever it is and change the "open as" at the bottom of the window to "Camera Raw". Then click Open.
The gray matter has officially turned to mush. I am going to try one more time and if that don't work, I am going to have two (2) beers, stand on my head, click my heels together two (2) times and hope I end up in Kansas. :oops: :oops:
I followed directions but after I choose the photo and I get to Open With, it does not show "Camera Raw" . However It does show "Adobe DNG Converter". Down further on this list, it has "Choose Program". When I click on this, it does have "Photoshop Camera Raw Program" however when I click on this, I get an error that tells me that the "JPEG file is not a valid Win32 Application".
What am I doing wrong??????????? :cry: :cry:
Garry

The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Garry's Gallery
Garry you need to be in editor not the orgainzer..you go to file> open as (not open with) another window will open up with your photos choose photo don't click ok yet at the bottom of that window is a drop down tab click on it and choose camera raw..it is about the 3rd on down now click ok....ok
suzib---This is what I get when I follow your directions. Like I said previously, there is no "Camera Raw" there.
Thinking maybe erasing old file and downloading again.
(Garry heads for refrigerator for beer)

Garry

Garry's Gallery
Garry, don't right-click on the photo icon. Look at the dialog when it opens; you'll see near the bottom two lines - File Name and Open As. Click on the dropdown arrow next to Open As; Find Camera Raw. Then click on the photo you want to open and select OK.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
I see what you're doing. In PSE click File-Open As. Find your photo but don't click on it. Go to Open As on the window and click on the tab by Open As. You'll find Camera Raw there. Select it,then you can left click on your photo. It should open in ACR.

ETA Unless I learn to type faster I should change my username to Echo! :mrgreen:

Garry,
If you follow Jeff's instructions to the letter,you can't go wrong. Even I, aka Kaptain Klutz, made it work.... :mrgreen:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Yep, do what chuck , jeff and chas says and you are home free..double click on picture and should open up in raw
Well, here it is Sunday morning and the gray matter has had some rest.
Chuck---Thank you for your help.
Jeff------Thank you for your instructions. I finally got my brain around what you were saying and by golly it worked.
Chas----Thank you.
Suzib----Thank you.

This just goes to show how much the people on this forum care and are willing to help no matter how long it takes or how dense the recipient isl :oops: The answer was right in front of me the whole time but I was determined to click on the photo first. I can only chock it up to being old and not reading the instructions correctly.

Again thanks to all of you.
Garry

Garry's Gallery
22 posts Page 2 of 3