Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
22 posts Page 1 of 3
I have several JPEG photos I would like to use ACR on. I know I have read how to do this someplace but for the life of me I don't remember how to do it. :oops: Could someone please help me. :?: Thank you in advance.
Garry

The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Garry's Gallery
Garry, use "open As" the pick "camera raw" i think it is the 3rd one from the top. find you picture and click open. it should open up in camera raw. is that what you needed
Garry, what version of Elements are you using? The process Suzi described will work for PSE 5 or 6, so long as you've downloaded and installed one of the latest versions of the Adobe ACR plug-in file (Version 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3). If you're using PSE 6, I believe it shipped with 4.2 or 4.3. If you're using PSE 5, it shipped with 3.6 or 3.7, so you'll have to download and install the updated version.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Suib---Thank you for your speedy response. I have tried what you suggested but to no avail. After seeing Chucks suggestion I think I know what happened. Last week I was cleaning up my computer and I think I inadvertently erased the upgraded version of ACR.
Garry

Garry's Gallery
Chuck- Thank you. As I told Suzib above, I think I erased the upgraded version of ACR. Where would I go to download the upgrade??
Garry

Garry's Gallery
here you go Garry
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

i think if you scroll down on that page are the installion instructions
Okay now I feel like a dumba__. I have version 4.3 downloaded and installed on my desktop but when I open a photo and go to Open With it is not there. I had it working last week but like I said, I cleaned up the puter. Goes to show you I should not be allowed to clean up this machine. Can someone help me with step by step instructions???? Please.
Garry

Garry's Gallery
Gary,

You have to

1.Extract the contents and copy them to the folder required. The instructiojns are in the readme.txt file

Basically tou have to copy the download contents to

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats

assuming you have Elements 5
John
More help needed. I have followed the directions, I think and I still cannot get this to work. Here is a screen shot of what I get when I try to OPEN WITH. As you can see, I don't have what I need.
I downloaded the file, although the READ ME file does not have the directions for Elements 5, and placed it in the file that you told me to. I restarted the computer hoping that would help but nope, it don't.

Garry

Garry's Gallery
No Garry, go file>open as. then in the drop down window select camera raw it should be the third one...when you put it in the plug-in folder did you move the old one out or rename it. one other thing you have to be in editor to use it I think

here are the instructions..same for 5 and 6

To install with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0:

1. Exit Photoshop Elements.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:)
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 6.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop Elements.
22 posts Page 1 of 3