Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to print color seperations in PSE, either on paper or electronic format? I've got to send something I created to the printers but I'm not quite sure if PSE can handle it.

I'm so confused about the site... I didn't know that there were going to be all these changes :shock:
Lizzy3195,hang in there we will all get familar with how things work. I know that someone will come up with an answer for you but its not something i know. :shock: and my husband says i am a know it all. :mrgreen:
lizzy3195 wrote: Is it possible to print color seperations in PSE, either on paper or electronic format? I've got to send something I created to the printers but I'm not quite sure if PSE can handle it.

I'm so confused about the site... I didn't know that there were going to be all these changes :shock:

For colour separation you'll need the full photoshop. There is a way to do CMYK separation with Richard Lynch's Hiddenelements tools, but I think you have to be very proficient with prepress techniques to get good results anyway. Normally, this job should be done by the printing service who knows the parameters of their processing. If it's a one time job, maybe download the CS3 trial version? or find an older PS version at a good price?

Michel
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
thank you michel, we do have a limited version of PS6 so i'll do some digging around that & see if I can figure it out! :D
My ex-husband was a printer and according to him your best bet would be to give the printer an original photograph if that is what you're looking to print. Best to leave the color separations to the expert. Anything you print is going to have little tiny dots which would be picked up by a camera taking a neg.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
5 posts Page 1 of 1