Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
How do you download actions with .atn extensions. I've done it with brushes and filters matching icons but I can't figure this one out. Thanks for helping.
~coco~
the view

from here
Coco, which version of Elements are you downloading the actions for/

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks for replying Kim. I have PSE5,
~coco~
the view

from here
Coco, first you want to make sure that you have Show All Hidden Folders selected in your Windows Explorer Options. Then you want to go to

c:/Documents and Settings>All Users>Application Data>Adobe>Photoshop Elements> 5.0>Photo Creations>Special Effects.

There you want to make a new folder for the action. The unzip the action and extract it to this folder.

(This is assuming you are using Windows XP, should have asked that too)

Some actions in PSE5 do not show the thumbnail in Editor.

The best way to install actions, styles, etc into PSE5 is to get Graffi's Add-o-Matic. It is well worth it and you just drag your unzipped action, etc to the Add-o-Matic and is does the work for you.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It worked. The sad thing is that I found Grant's tools and Wendy's orb there so I've obviously done this before. This time I wrote it down though. I appreciate so much that you took the time to guide me through this. It was very kind of you.
~coco~
the view

from here
Glad it's not just me with gaps in my memory :o
SUE'S PICS http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19799
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
Coco, happy to do it. Anytime if I can. I couldn't remember every step and folder so I had to walk my way through it and post each step.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Just had someone ask about Vista else where so I thought I'd throw this info out:

The path for Vista is:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\Special Effects\Photo Effects
8 posts Page 1 of 1