Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Is there any way of putting a frosted glass raised frame round a photo allowing the photo to show through? :?
SUE'S PICS http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19799
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
I'm guessing that that the frame is just a sheet that doesn't have a transparent area for a picture yet?

With the frame layer selected, click on the rectangular marquee tool and draw an outline where you want the picture to go. Then click delete and that should "cut" a hole for you.
Are you looking for something like this?

charlie-pillow-frame.jpg
charlie-pillow-frame.jpg (87.99 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Not real sure what you are after, is this even close?

afrostedframe.jpg
afrostedframe.jpg (83.79 KiB) Viewed 1110 times

This is using a layer style, "Glass Buttons - Translucent Glass", applied to a wide, white stroke applied around the image. It doesn't have to be white, cool effects with black or shades of gray.

Rusty

PS - I like Glenda's better. Maybe we should make a rule, nobody can post suggestions unless they use a kitty picture :mrgreen:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Great rule, Rusty! I second the motion.
Hey no fair - at least not until I get my new hard drive.... :D I can't do anything other than basic, stuff and even that takes forever. Only a few more days....supposed to be here by Monday. And then watch out - doubling my RAM speed and increasing the hard drive from a 120 to a 500GB! I can hardly wait!!!!!
Okay, we've been warned! Show me the kitty!
Do you mean something like this? If so, I created a selection, inverted the selection and then put it on its own layer. I then went to Filter, Distort, Glass and applied to the frame layer. Then added a bevel layer style. I'm a beginner, so maybe I haven't explained it too well. :)
Bellagio-with-Buds-Action-c.jpg
Bellagio-with-Buds-Action-c.jpg (209.47 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
This one of Graffi's frame actions B&W LAB package.
John
Feeding time.jpg
Feeding time.jpg (118.17 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Okay, here's my effort. Pretty much the same as Sunny explained.

Attachments

Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
11 posts Page 1 of 2