Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I see the spamers were at it this morning. How do they get in to post all that garbage? Glad we have folks keeping an eye on all of that for us. Whoever cleans up all that stuff, Thank You :thanks:
Tina B
Tina, it seems no matter what filters we try they get through somehow. It took forever to delete those this morning as I wasn't even through my first cup of coffee yet. :spew:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thank you for your efforts, Kim. Spammers are very clever people, but that's why God created coffee.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Yeah, really. Had to have an extra cup after that. I think it was 27 post. I don't know how Michel did it one morning he deleted like 50 spam threads by one person. And Rusty too has deleted alot. THANKS MICHEL AND RUSTY!!!!

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Doesn't deleting the user account by an Admin delete their posts? If not, could that be set up to make it a lot easier? :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Good question Gene. That would make things easier. Jane is the only one that has the controls to delete an account. The Mods can only delete the post with the exception of me, I can ban them as well.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Rusty & Michel can now ban spammers, and I'm working on getting Kim set up to be able delete accounts too. I have also tightened up registration protocols, but some spanners seem to have a grudge and are willing to go the extra mile to get in here.

We have one very persistent scoundrel that just changes their gmail account and then registers again and goes back to posting spam. (gmail user name is similar enough each time that I'm sure it is the same person) I have deleted him and his posts so many times its not funny. I have also filed a complaint with gmail, which was a long process for which I don't hold out a lot of hope.
Thanks Jane.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
A big :thanks: for all your hard work eradicating this forum of spamdrels....(spammer+scoundrel)
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
9 posts Page 1 of 1