Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I started out on PSE 5. I have bought PSE 6 & 7, but never installed them because 5 seem to do everything I needed it to do. Now PSE 8 is coming out.

Which version do you like the best ... what is new and different about 8?

Thanks for the help!!
donna622
Live every minute for all that is in it!
donna sorry i cant help i have 4 still!
I stopped at version #7 and am now using Photoshop CS4.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I'd install PSE7 - it's not actually that much better than PSE6 but PSE5 had/has some strange problems at times - and it's more difficult to install Actions in it. PSE8 has only a couple of extra features - quite nice but not worth me upgrading from 6.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I have upgraded with every other version ... just didn't seem to be that much of a change annually. I somehow got into the "odd cycle" moving from 1 to 3 to 5 to PSE7. Truth be told, PSE3 to PSE5 was the best move I made. I can't see that PSE7 has added a heck of a lot over what I had with 5.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
ScrappersGuide did a summary of what's new, etc, in PSE8: http://www.scrappersguide.com/pse8-just-released/

Lots of "that's neat", but nothing that really caught my eye as a "must have". Since I only recently got into PSE7 and still have a lot to learn, I have no plans to upgrade.
kmk_01kmk wrote: ScrappersGuide did a summary of what's new, etc, in PSE8: http://www.scrappersguide.com/pse8-just-released/

Lots of "that's neat", but nothing that really caught my eye as a "must have". Since I only recently got into PSE7 and still have a lot to learn, I have no plans to upgrade.

Thanks very much for that video: I was waiting to upgrade from version 6 to 8... and really I am not convinced the 'key' features are worth the update. I am also surprised at the number of 'quirks'. Overall, most changes should be handy for scrapbookers, though.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thanks for your input everybody ... you're the best!!
Live every minute for all that is in it!
8 posts Page 1 of 1