Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody,
while going through some old mags that I was given I have come across an article, that gives instructions on how to use a type of layer mask in elements,WHOOOOO,BUT..do I need permission from said mag to copy this word for word in our forum, so that we can all benefit from the process...?(copy rights and all that)
regards ,
min.
Min,
You said 'word for word'... I believe the answer is no, you can't reproduce without the author's consent.
However, I very much doubt there is anything new or special about the various ways to introduce layer masks in Elements. Apart from the numerous free add-ons available on the market, the main ways are:
- hijacking a mask from an adjustment layer
- using a layer with a mask created in psd file created with the full Photoshop
- Using a layer with a mask created from photomerge

So, if your solution is one of the above, chances are the process was well known before this magazine printed it and we could explain it here in our own words :rotfl:
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
yes hun , I believe it is highjacking the adjustment layer,I will see if I can put it in my own words....wich will prob confuse everyboby any way! :rotfl: .
ps. did you see quasimodo lol
min wrote: yes hun , I believe it is highjacking the adjustment layer,I will see if I can put it in my own words....wich will prob confuse everyboby any way! :rotfl: .
ps. did you see quasimodo lol

Min, trying to explain things in one's own words is an excellent exercise, and other members can give a hand if necessary...
And yes, I saw quasimodo... :thumbsup:
Excellent idea !
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
4 posts Page 1 of 1