Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Trying to do an animation. I understand the layers thing but no matter which layer I put where in the sequence it doesn't come out right. So I must have the layers wrong somehow, but I do not know how.

Is there someone here help me figure it out. The .psd file is in my gallery. I want the box to drop down and expose the surprise that is behind it. And just keep repeating. It sounds so simple but is soooo hard. I know how to use the "Save for Web". I just can't get the right layers and or in the right order.

I know the file is too large for "Save for Web". Before I go there I do Image - Resize - and I put 500 pixels in the Height and let the Width do whatever.

Hope this give you enough info for someone to help me Please Please.
OOPS forgot to tell you that it is the one in My Gallery titled My BirthdayPresentsopy animated. :)

Also forgot to say I am using Photoshop Elements 5. Now I think I have told you everything. :rotfl:
Can't see it, Michele
All I have is the 'blue Generating Thumbnail'

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
OK. I deleted that one and have uploaded it again, but it still only shows the generating thumbnail thingy.

Edited: Ok now it is there. I sure hate that black background. It is supposed to be transparent.
I looked at it, but it shows in jpg. In order for it to be animated to has to be gif....
When I held my mouse over it did show .psd but when I right-clicked and save picture as, it showed jpg.
I give up. Had bad news of a personal nature today so don't care anymore.
Sorry for the negative post earlier. My husband just told me has cancer in his bladder and it must be removed along with his prostrate.

I have put the .psd file in My Gallery. At least I hope it is this time. If it is not you will have to give me instructions on how to upload the .psd file to My VioVio account gallery.

thanks
Michele,

Sorry to hear about your bad news. I and your friends here will be thinking about you and praying for you and your husband.

As for the problem, I found a tutorial here - http://graspingthecross.wordpress.com/2 ... ements-60/

You cannot load a PSD file onto VIOVIO - only jpegs.

Try the tutorial - it is for PSE6.
John
You certainly don't need to apologize for your "negative" post. I am very sorry to hear about your husband's cancer. I will pray for a successful surgery.

Courtney
PS - I've never done animation. Where's Judy? She knows this stuff.
Courtney,

The tutorial I posted is quite good, but in Elements, you need to also code up an HTML page to activate the animation, or post it to a web site that supports gifs. VIOVIO does I believe, so depending on what Michele wants to do, it may be straight forward.
John
17 posts Page 1 of 2