Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I used to have a couple of deckle frame custom shapes in my arsenal, realized they weren't in my file when I went to load them this morning, and so far can't figure out where they were stored on my computer. Anyone know where I can some or have some they could send me?

Thanks bunches!
Jane, Wendy made them. They came from the free downloads at the other site.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Kimi! I haven't even thought about the "other" site in so long I forget it existed. :oops:

Hmmm..... wonder if the shapes are still over there. Have to wander over there and take a look.
Finally found it on my computer. :cheer2:

In my on line search I came across a free Deckle action - supposed to be just for Photoshop but I downloaded it anyway, just in case it will work with PSE8.

http://mikedubu.smugmug.com/Photoshop/P ... ERaV/Large
Jane, you can make one with a Clipping Mask
Deckle.jpg
Deckle.jpg (105.63 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

Put two blank layers below your image,
Fill the bottom one with whatever color you want for your "edges"
Put a rectangle on the other layer and fill with any solid color; that becomes your clipping mask. You can make the same size as your image or a little smaller -- depends on how much of an edge you want to show. Group your top image layer with that mask layer.

Now, apply a Displacement Map to that mask layer. When asked for the "location of the displacement map", navigate to the folder where Elements has all the canned texture files and pick one. I think Footprints, Rust Flakes and Snake Skin work pretty well.

What it does is "fuzz up the edges" of your rectangle. Play with various textures and see what you like. The first thing you have to do, even before you select your texture map, is select a "strength" to apply. You don't get a preview so this is a "buy guess exercise" and you will hit Undo a lot --- the strength that works best depends on the resolution of your image.

Give it a try

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty... I must have played for 30 minutes. :chickendance:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Rusty!