Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Hey Russ great photos. Do not know what you want to accomplish but they all showed.
----------
Hello Judy. I feel like the larger pictures, like in this thread, show much more detail and just look better than smaller pictures like this web site usually allows.

Russ, they all look great to me. Great shots,man!
----------
Chas: Thanks for the kind words.

It's wonderful to see the large images. I'm wondering how folks with dial up are affected by the larger images. BJT
------------
I agree with you about the larger images. I also wondered about the folks still using dial up service. I hope it's not a problem with them.

How did you place the photos? They all are beautiful! Betty

I see they're linked from 'photobucket'. I tried to do that from Flickr once and don't think it worked. How did you link them????? Tennie
------------
Betty and Tennie: I have a free account with photobucket. All you do is to insert your photo in your photobucket album, copy and paste the IMG code into the thread where you want it. In the picture below, the IMG Code is highlighted in blue. I don't know if it's require, but I put a check mark below the picture and next to the picture's title. http://photobucket.com/

Tennie: I love the photo you inserted. I have tried that effect several times and never had good luck with it.

Attachments

Russ, you are right that the larger images show much more detail. Thanks for the info.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
To link one of your shots from FlickR, first click the picture you want to link so you get the largest view available. Across the top of the picture will be several links for different things you can do to the photo. Click the "all sizes" button. Once you've done that, you'll have a view of the shot with Available Sizes and links to all the available sizes you can view or download. Click the size that you want, then look under the picture. There will be two boxes with links underneath it. The link you want is the second box down (the short link) that you copy and paste in to your post here. Before you actually paste into the message box, click the Img button above it, then post the link in between like so: [img]Link%20goes%20Here![/img] You can preview it to make sure it took before you post.

Now, if you really want to get creative, you can make the photo itself a link back to your FlickR page where the photo resides. Simply select the entire [img] string, the click the URL button (or if you have BBCode select then right click the selection), then copy the link into the string as shown, replacing the + sign with an = sign. BBCode does this for you automatically.

[url+http://URL%20goes%20here!][img]Link%20goes%20Here![/img][/url]

Like this:

Voila! You now have a clickable, linked photo in your post!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Genevh: Thanks for the info; however, when I tried doing your steps, I wasn't able to do them all. What you said would happen, didn't happen to me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance - Russ

I was able to do all this ....... To link one of your shots from FlickR, first click the picture you want to link so you get the largest view available. Across the top of the picture will be several links for different things you can do to the photo. Click the "all sizes" button. Once you've done that, you'll have a view of the shot with Available Sizes and links to all the available sizes you can view or download. Click the size that you want, then look under the picture. There will be two boxes with links underneath it. The link you want is the second box down (the short link) that you copy and paste in to your post here.

This is where it didn't seem to work ............. Before you actually paste into the message box, click the Img button above it, then post the link in between like so: [img]Link%20goes%20Here![/img] You can preview it to make sure it took before you post.
OK...when you are typing a message in to the Post a Reply box here on the forum, you see the buttons across the top of the box. Img is the one you want to hit. It will put this in the box: [img]*[/img] (without the *)

Once that is there, paste the link you picked up from FlickR in where I inserted the stars: [img]***[/img]
That will allow the picture to appear when you actually Submit the post. To verify, of course, click the Preview button instead of Submit to make sure it's working. The stars will not be part of the link, I just used them as placeholders to show where to insert the link.

Now, once that is done and the image is appearing in the Preview window, if you want to make the entire thing a clickable link, you want to make the entire [img]LINK[/img] into a URL by selecting the entire string, then click the URL button above. After clicking the URL button, the link will look like this:
[url][img]LINK[/img][/url]

Now you want to past the URL link to the page you want the photo to be linked to inside the first [url] box like so: [url=http*******] where the http***** is the entire link from the address bar in your browser. This now makes the picture itself into a clickable link. Don't forget the = sign or it won't work.

If you have Firefox and the BBCode plugin, you can automate this process and do it in a couple of clicks. First, select the link to the photo from FlickR (or wherever you can link a photo from. Doesn't have to be FlickR) and do a copy. Come over in to the Post A Reply box and right click inside the box. In the context menu that pops up, select BBCode -> BBCode -> Clipboard -> Img. This will paste the link in for you.

Now, if you want to make the Image link itself clickable, copy the URL to where you want the photo linked back to from here from the browser destination address bar. Then come back to the Post A Reply box here and select the entire IMG link you just posted above. Once you selected that entire link, right click on it and then from the context menu select BBCode -> BBcode -> Clipboard -> Make Selection URL. This will insert the URL coding around the IMG link. Now do a Preview and you should be able to click on the picture itself and jump to the URL you linked it back to. Its the same procedure you would use to make a word into a link inside your posts, except that your doing it to a picture instead.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Thanks for the help. I'll try the rest of your instruction later - Russ

Gene,

I've noticed that sometimes when I link an image from my prestophoto gallery only part of the photo appears on the screen here - usually the RHS is cut off. What causes this and what do you need to do to prevent it? :?

Cheers
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
My guess is you still can't post the largest viewing size even though you're linking a photo rather than uploading it. I see the same thing happening on another forum I am a member of that uses phBB also. I still choose a size close to 500 pixels in width. I tried a couple of images as I was writing this and even one that was 660 pixels wide was cut off. Not sure what the widest would be that wouldn't get cut off, but its nice being able to view a shot without having to click on it to get the full view.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

I also have had that problem. I found via trial and error [mostly error] that if I reduce the width to 8.5 inches they seem to show the entire picture. However, to be safe I've been making the width 8 inches and that has always worked, at least it has so far. I have also used the 500 pixels in width setting.
20 posts Page 2 of 2