Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
149 posts Page 15 of 15
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
Another photo from Panama.

Back in the old days Panama had a problem with pirates and built several forts to put a stop to the pirates. At least that's the story we were told.

Back to Yosemite.

Alaska

Last year we were in Colorado to see where my Dad and grandfather grew up, plus to see some of the sites in Colorado. My grandfather was born in Silver Plume, Colorado in 1889. He started school in 1894 but never finished. He once told me that the 7th grade was as far as he went. Anyway, the school he attended is still standing, it's the photo below.

Here's a photo of where I was today - did a hike up Ha-Ling peak, aka Chinaman's peak if you're being politically incorrect and using the old name. It's right next to the town of Canmore, Alberta.

Courtney

Attachments

I think I must have drawn the short straw by living in Eastern Ontario..... flat as a pancake here, I'm hard pushed to find a tiny hill to get any shots with perspective and most towns beside the Lake (with a couple of exceptions) are not worth wasting Memory Card space on (I visited Belleville, ON, yesterday - my opinion has been coloured slightly!).

I've often wondered why "Chinaman" is not politically correct (unless it's because we don't say "ChinaWoman" so it's an equality thing). Canadians don't mind being "Canucks", British don't mind being "Brits" and Scots and Welsh aren't too upset by being called 'Jock' or 'Taff'. Meanwhile we have to say "Native American" or "First Nations" - though they call each other 'Indians' and if you find a shop on a Reservation they often have "Indian Smokes", "Indian Moccasins" etc. Odd world, eh?
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Geoff,
In our "politically correct society", it just befuddles me to see the lengths folks will go to NOT to upset anyone.
Christmas is referred to in many locals as winter holiday,Easter break as Spring break...get the picture? And there's always those who want to take an important three-lettered word off our national currency. Next ranter,please...:)
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I'd just like to know who determines all this stuff and what world they live in.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Crosby,Stills and Nash said it very succinctly,...teach your children well......
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
149 posts Page 15 of 15