Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
149 posts Page 13 of 15
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
I keep hearing that about Ottawa - and it's certainly true that it's a long course and in use annually..... but there is a track in the Netherlands that is nearly 200km long..... the problem is that it doesn't freeze enough every year (though it used to..... global warming?)

It's called Elfstedentocht - check Wkipedia...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfstedentocht
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Geoff,

Interesting - I had never heard of this before. I guess that the difference is in the infrequent freezing they have to deal with. Locally, the claim is that the Rideau Canal thing is recognized by Guinness Book of Records. Now, there is another claim from Winnipeg that they have one longer also - and they do, but the one they have there is a narrow ribbon in quite a few places.

Oh, well!
John
Last year at this time we were in Baja (Mexico) to see the whales. As you know, they go there, this time of the year to have their babies. I took this picture of mother and baby as they were swimming under the boat we were in.

Vacations are wonderful. Thanks for sharing yours with me. Love all the places you have taken me.
Judy: I'm glad that you are enjoying my pictures. I had hoped everyone would add their pictures to this thread, and a few have, but not as many as I had hoped for. Maybe more will share sometime in the future?

In the picture below, if you look close, you'll see a person getting sprayed by a baby whale. He was reaching over to touch the baby when he was hit with several gallons of water. The boat they are in is exactly what we were in - pretty small when compared to the whales we were there to see and touch.

If you've never been to Baja, to see the whales, do yourself a favor and go. The very best time is at the end of February and the first of March.

Russ, right now i am lucky to go around the block. But that's ok i am enjoying everyones trips.
Alaska's Mt Mckinley

Another view of Mt McKinley

Russ, you've certainly done your share of traveling. I'm really enjoying all your photos. Keep posting them. I'm going to try to post some of my photos on this thread, but right now I have a puppy in one arm and the mouse in the other. :D

Anita
westiemom wrote: Russ, you've certainly done your share of traveling. I'm really enjoying all your photos. Keep posting them. I'm going to try to post some of my photos on this thread, but right now I have a puppy in one arm and the mouse in the other. :D Anita

Anita: I have been around a little; remember I'm almost 70 years old and have always had a camera (since I was about 7 yrs old anyway). Sixty three years of pictures makes for lots of pictures. I will keep posting. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad that you are enjoying the pictures. I'm looking forward to your pictures and the rest of the groups pictures.
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
149 posts Page 13 of 15