Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I can view this forum on different computers. One is running XP the other Vista. Here is the question What color is the header on this forum. One shows up as Brown and a dark red The other is Gray and a light maroon color? Which one is correct or close to correct? Makes no difference which one is right it is one of those things that I just need to know. :puter:
Tina B
Ummmm, on mine it shows as a tannish background and block area behind the Photoshop Creative Elements is sort of a rust color. This is how it looks on all the computers in my house.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Mine looks just as described by Kim. Within the past four months I have changed from XP to Vista to Win7 and I don't recall seeing any difference in the header.

Shortly after getting Win7 I made some changes in 'appearance settings' and managed to get everything royally screwed up. I "restored defaults" (a monitor setting, it wasn't a Windows problem) and everything was fine again. I mention this only to remind you the difference might be a monitor setting and have nothing to do with the version of windows. Why not try moving a monitor and see if the color changes.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Folks, keep in mind that different browsers also have different color settings. I have Firefox as primary with IE as backup. Different web sites show up quite differently between the two. This whole site looks differently on my work computer vs. my home computer....obviously different color settings and XP vs. Vista.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Like Rusty I went from Vista to Windows 7 on this computer and the colors were the same. I meant to mention it was mostly a monitor issue not Windows version. I mainly use Firefox and at times have used IE and the colors are the same on both for me. I just did a side by side comparison of the two.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
There's something else to add to the mix.....I use Colorvision Spyder to calibrate my monitor on my laptop. Perhaps another source of color difference.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I was just wodering which one was closer to the right color and it seems the new lap top is the odd one out. So will haveto figure out about the color settings. Thanks for all the help.
Tina B
7 posts Page 1 of 1