Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi ~ I need help with using masks. I bought these masks from cottagearts and they come on white background instead of transparent so when I try to use them as a clipping mask the white stays. Is there anyway I can get the mask on a transparent layer? The intended use is to pull your photo over the mask and then change the blend mode to screen. Only the parts of the mask show on your photo.
Do you mean those masks are black or single-color shapes on a white background? If so, you could always select white with the magic wand and erase (alternatively select the color and paste on a new layer - Ctrl J); then use it as a common clipping mask.
I never thought of using a picture in screen mode over such a mask: that works well. Same as above: after merging down (Ctrl E), you can select white and erase.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
worked beautifully thanks. Now I have a version saved as a common clipping mask and the original to play with the screen blend mode idea. Which is interesting but needs the right image

thanks again
3 posts Page 1 of 1