Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyong,below is a first practice of trying to put together 6 generations of the men in my family (1 is missing at mo).my prob is 1st pic was very old but also very small,so when scanned and then resized it distorts,2nd prob is its really obvious that my nephew and his son are not as old as the first two blended pics,any help on ageing his look before pasting in with the other men would be great.
It is a pic for my dad ,3rd from left,so Iwant to give it my best shot ,many thanks in advance.min
all-men-together.jpg
all-men-together.jpg (68.3 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Hi min,

I would not try to combine all the men into one image. Rather, I would create a collage page, a scrapbooking type of page. I like your idea of ageing the newer photo to make it match the look of the older one. It looks like you have the colors very close right now. With a collage you won't need to resize the smaller picture as much, since you won't be trying to make all the guys look like they were standing together. I don't think that can be done without it looking Photo-shopped.

Courtney
Min,

I downloaded your image and took a peek in Photoshop.

To me it looks like the left side is the one with the vertical distortion - based on the long face of your son and it looks like it may be of lower resolution than the right hand side?

Also, the right hand side is obviously outdoors and the left looks like an inside shot.

You might have better luck taking a pic with your camera - zoomed in and using macro settings (not sure which camera you have) - then matching pixel resolution and image size.

And I agree with Courtney, may just look better as a collage.
John
Thank you so much you guys,
unfortunately for me he pops isnt a collage type of man,he wants all ''MEN'' together,bless him.
Jim you were correct about my nephew and his son, it was an indoor pic and I only had half abody to play with,if I got the heads the right size then he only had half a body!.
I agree my best bet is to look at the reolution of the first 2 old pics that I scanned in and then take a new shot of Dan and his son Jaden outside to match that res,and hopefully get a better colour match as I will take it as a black and white to begin with.
Many thanks both of you :thumbsup: ,
regards,
min.
Don't worry about shooting at the "right" resolution. Shoot, then bring the image into Photoshop, along with the scanned image.

I wouuld try to use the Image, Resize and up-sample the resolution - say from 100 to begin with to double that in two steps - (100=>150=>200). (Whatever is your start point.

Then take the image of your son, crop and set the resolution in the crop dialogue to 200 (or wherever you wound up for the scanned image). The crop should result in an image of your son sozed to fit the scale of the other image. If it is on its own layer, you can do a Transform Scale keeping both the horizontal and vertical percentages the same and scale your son's image up or down to get the right fit.

Then adjust and try and get them close to the same background and tint.
John
5 posts Page 1 of 1