Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
18 posts Page 1 of 2
OK...now this is weird. I was trying to change my avatar and am getting this message when I upload the new file:

The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.

Here is the file itself:
GeneAvatar100pix.jpg
GeneAvatar100pix.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

Granted, I may not be the handsomest dude on the planet, but I've never been called that before!

Can any of the admins tell me what's going on? Oh...and if I try and upload the original version, I got the message that the file was too large, which was true that time, but when I resized it to meet the criteria, I got accused of being an "attack vector"!! :o
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene i had that happen to me when i went to change mine. I deleted it and tried again and it accepted it. Who knows!
genevh wrote: Can any of the admins tell me what's going on? Oh...and if I try and upload the original version, I got the message that the file was too large, which was true that time, but when I resized it to meet the criteria, I got accused of being an "attack vector"!! :o

I have no idea, but that sounds sounds pretty cool, along the lines of a super hero: "attack vector!" :rotfl:

Sorry, I'm no help. :roll:

Courtney
I don't know Gene, you can never tell with Attack Vectors! :rotfl: :rotfl:
John
Well, I checked the admin settings. I can't find anything about "attack vector" unless maybe you have the avatar loaded to a gallery and trying to load it to you profile from there. The settings are set that you can't load an avatar linked to another site.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hey Gene,
Now that you have achieved superhero status,does the new position come with a cape? :rotfl:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
and a mask? :rotfl:
John
With my face, I probably need a mask! And my wife knows better than to let me wear a cape of any sort. She says it'd go to my head and I'd probably do something stupid like jump off the roof of the house with it, or something..... :rotfl:

I'll try deleting my current avatar and uploading again. And I wasn't trying to share it from another site.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Maybe this one?

GeneVH.jpg
GeneVH.jpg (134.63 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
John
I just might have to use that one! OK....I deleted my avatar and tried again, and still am getting the same message. All I am doing to the image is a Save for Web from CS3, sizing it down to the limits for the forum. I've never had trouble with this before, and now I can't upload my original one again, either. Does using Win7 have anything to do with this? Seems weird as I was able to upload that same photo to another forum, also powered by phpBB, same as this one, with no trouble at all.

Help!!! :help:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

18 posts Page 1 of 2