Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I can't decide which looks best.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance - Russ

The OOB is an interesting and effective touch. But, IMHO, I find the bright reflection along the top of the bench distracting. I wonder if painting over it would improve the image.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Good point Rusty. I hadn't noticed that bright area before. I will try painting it and we'll see.
Rusty - thanks for the tip.

I had a hard time with the painting job. Here's what I came up with.

I do like this one better than the way it was with the bright top. You had a very good suggestion.

Getting the extreme outside edges seemed impossible.

Russ,
The OOB is a good idea; however, I notice that the picture frame, which is supposed to be on the far side of the bench actually ends abruptly at the right hand edge of the bench. While this is correct for most of the frame, the small inside edge of the frame should extend all the way to man's arm where it would then disappear behind his arm.

How much of the bench below the frame do you have in the original? It would be more effective if the bench would truly extend into the OOB region below the frame rather than being cut off exactly coincident with the bottom of the frame.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe, I see what you are saying. Thanks for the suggestion. I will fix that right away.

The photo below is the original picture.

Wow, Russ! This is a fantastic image; I love the framing from the tree. IMHO, it is a shame to leave that out of your creation.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Russ, looking at your original image, I have to say that Joe has some great ideas.
If you are going to frame your picture, usually a mat is used. That mat will allow you to create exactly the kind of OOB Joe was talking about.

This is really quick and dirty because I was working only with the low res post so the selections are rough.
Russ OOB.jpg
Russ OOB.jpg (92.61 KiB) Viewed 892 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty - WOW!!!!

That's great. I love what you did.
All great looking. And very interesting techniques.
10 posts Page 1 of 1