Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all - I am trying to create flower petals using a shape that I have created which has an outline. Every time I duplicate a petal layer, the outline leaves behind a shadowy line that can I have to erase manually ever time and the selection marquee then becomes larger as it is emcompassing the shadow as well as the shape.

I hope I have explained that ok? I have attached a file so you can see. You can see the faint line above and on the petals.

Hope someone can help end my frustration!

Claire

Attachments

Welcome aboard, Claire !
This does not look like an ordinary problem... I think we'll have to ask you a number of silly questions about your problem:
- Check your layer palettes, is the opacity of each layer to 100%?
- Is the layer mode 'normal' ?
- Did you apply a layer style?
- Are your shape layers already simplified?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Welcome indeed!

And also what version of Photoshop are you using?

Edit:

I have been playing with shape layers in CS3 trying to see what the issues might be.

Could you provide some more detail on exactly the steps you did to for this project - will try and replicate them and see what happens.

For what it is worth, the shapes I created, applied layer styles to, simplified and rotated went without a hitch, so need more info and detail!
John
Claire, welcome to the forum.

Anita
yep, I was wondering about a layer style also?
and did you simplify the shape layer, that may help.

if you still can't work it out. you can reset your preferences and it should clear things up.
let us know how you are getting along, if you are still having problems post back and someone will explain how to reset.

and Welcome! :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks so much for all your suggestions! I simplified the layer first andthat has seemed to help!

Thanks again.

Claire
6 posts Page 1 of 1