Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I've been trying to install some fonts into CS5 without any luck. I don't want the fonts installed into Windows, just Photoshop. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out. I've followed some instructions that I googled but without any luck.

Anita
You can't install into photoshop, Anita. Has to go into the windows font folder
Here is a quote I copied from Diana at the Village about using fonts without installing them:

Using a Font in Elements Without Installing It
Be judicious about installing fonts you will use infrequently - like holiday fonts. For those fonts, there is a work around –
Save the font in a file
Click to open the font file - it looks like a sample page - minimize that screen
THEN open Elements.
That font will be available as long as you have both the font file and Elements open.
Open the Font File first, then open Elements - the downside to this technique - if you want to open a font after opening Elements, you'll have to shut down Elements, open the font - then re-open Elements.
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
I tried this out in both PSE5 and CS5 and it worked in both - WinXP.

Neat trick!
John
Christell and John, that's the way I used to do it and it was great. Unfortunately with CS5 and Windows 7 it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if there's another way to get it to work. I hate installing a lot of fonts into Windows.

Anita
5 posts Page 1 of 1