Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
41 posts Page 1 of 5
While we were in the mountains last Sunday we stopped at one of the campgrounds along the river. Outside the door to the restroom, a couple of swallows had built their nests. They are truly ingenious engineers. I stood with my back against the wall and looked up to the ceiling to get this shot. Needless to say, those little mamas weren't happy with me being around their nests. LOL!

Attachments

Good catch, Weez,
glad you didn't get dive bombed :D

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Weez,

Nice shot of the swallow nests!

I've been aggravating the birds too. In my case, red-winged black birds. The males are brave! I have yet to be pecked on the head, but they've hovered overhead berating me, and one swooped so close behind me that I felt the wind on my back. I'm hoping to get some shots of some newly hatched birds soon.

The nest building is incredible. How do they do that with no hands, not to mention thumbs, but just a beak?!

Courtney

Attachments

Great shot!!!
Those are both great shots. Thanks, Weez. Courtney, I'm looking forward to seeing the babies.

Anita
Love both photos.
Here in GB it is illegal to disturb a nesting bird, that is no photos without a special license.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Oh, my!! I'd be in a whole big lot of trouble. Found a nest in our pine tree at home, but haven't had time to photo it. The hawks have big nests in the trees just west of our neighbors. Maybe I should try for them.
The attached photo is of an enlarged portion of the veterans memorial bridge south of Laughlin,Nevada, The highlighted circle shows a bird nesting area under the bridge. The species of bird is unknown to me....I do know that they are not swallows.
Chas
DSC_0845-copy.jpg
DSC_0845-copy.jpg (52.19 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
weez, courtney and chas great shots.
Red winged black bird update - I went back last week but none of the eggs had hatched yet. Today we tried again and sure enough, I found some very newly hatched birds. I'll give them another week to grow, gain strength, and be more interesting.

I was careful to spend as little time as possible at each nest, so as not to worry the adult birds too long. These nests are in a popular city park with a walking path all around the wetlands, close to the water and nests. So I think the birds are more habituated to people than most. Still, I don't want to stress them out.

Courtney

Attachments

41 posts Page 1 of 5