Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
41 posts Page 3 of 5
Rusty wrote: If you are going to upload as an image put into a post (as you did), it is 500px on the longest side. If you are going to put something into your gallery (you should set one up, Weez), around 800-to-850 on the longest side works pretty well.

Rusty

In addition to the 500 pixel length restriction, I believe you get up to 500kb. My images are usually around 200 - 300kb, but anywhere in the 100KB range gives good results too.

Courtney
Let's try this one. If it still pixelates, please let me know. I re-sized it to 500 pixels and that brought it down to 139 KB.

Attachments

mtbspike wrote:
In addition to the 500 pixel length restriction, I believe you get up to 500kb. My images are usually around 200 - 300kb, but anywhere in the 100KB range gives good results too.

Courtney

It always kicks back at me if I have more than about 246 kb.
Weez, love the hummer! Congrats on catching that shot. :thumbsup:
Thanks to all of you for the kind words. The sanctuary was truly a fantastic experience. I'm ready to go back and just spend the day shooting pictures.
tennie wrote: It always kicks back at me if I have more than about 246 kb.

Oh, it definitely could be that low. I haven't gotten the error message for awhile so I don't remember.

Weez, I think the 2nd version you posted looks way better. Again, great shot!

Courtney
Am thinking seriously about setting up a gallery. How do I do that or where do I go to get that process started?
Thanks for your help.
Louise, your hummingbird photo is terrific. Outstanding!

Anita
Weeze, to make a gallery you must be "registered" with PrestoPhoto. It has been so long since I joined this forum I can't remember whether or not that was required at the same time I registered for the forum. To both register with PrestoPhoto and to establish a gallery you must go to the prestophoto website; you do that in the upper right corner of any of the forum screens...
Gallery1.jpg
Gallery1.jpg (76.52 KiB) Viewed 586 times

After you get to that page...
Gallery2.jpg
Gallery2.jpg (92 KiB) Viewed 586 times

I don't remember all the steps, just muddle along following the prompts. If any problems, ask away and people here will help.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks for the info, Rusty. I'll give it a try and see if I can get some of the pics up that are taking up space on my computer.
41 posts Page 3 of 5