Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I did a search, but couldn't come up with any instructions for this. I did photos of a newborn this week and need to correct the red skin tones. Could someone please help me with that? I have Elements 6 and 7. Thanks so much!

Terry

Attachments

Terry,
Have you tried the skin tone correction application in PSE7? Click on enhance colors and find the skin tone correction application. This will give global skin tone correction (the whole picture). You can also select the areas you want changed. Hope this helps. You may also find help by clicking on help on the top options bar.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
You can try a Levels Adjustment Layer. Do not make a general adjustment, use the drop-down menu to get into the color channels. I would pay attention first to blue and then to green.

Just play with the sliders and see what this might do for you.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hi Terry,

The baby is adorable and your photos are great!

I can see toning down the baby's red face a bit, but don't worry about getting perfectly even skin tone. Infants are splotchy and various colors and mom and dad love them like that and remember that about them. In my humble opinion, don't try to "fake" the skin color too much.

That being said, I would try to use PSE's skin tone correction filter, as suggested by chas. Use a mask to only correct the parts of the infant that need it, not the parents' hands, or the rest of the baby's body, etc. Or, using a mask, change the Hue/Saturation by lowering the red saturation.

Courtney
mtbspike wrote: Hi Terry,

Or, using a mask, change the Hue/Saturation by lowering the red saturation.

Courtney

I agree, and also, instead of lowering the saturation, you often get better results increasing the lightness and perhaps moving the hue slider very slightly towards yellow. If you select reds, you don't really need to mask.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
5 posts Page 1 of 1