Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
32 posts Page 3 of 4
turtlespirit wrote: I'm trying to come back.

Honestly my life has not been good the last few months. But I am hoping to fill the space with coming back to the forum soon.

Hi Angela,

Sorry to hear things are not well for you lately. I hope that changes and we get to see you around here again eventually!

Courtney
min wrote: Hi everybody,
sorry havent been about lately,been so busy trying to get my art work going,cant afford to get them wrong if they are going to be on display in the spring,and thats not far away when your' not happy with a pic and it goes in the bin,aaagghhhh!.
Plus,and dont try this at home ,I shut my thumb in the car door,no broken bones /tendon damage,just a messy split thumb and some wierd nerve stuff going on,cant use it yet but it is getting better :thumbsup: ,it looks like you have all been doing great things while I have been away,and I hope to join in the fun as soon as I can organise my time a bit better,miss everybody lots ,and will be back soon!!!!!,
regards,
min.
p.s.
here is one of my pics, it still has a lot of work to be done around the mouth/eye/nose and mane,but its getting there,it is my mare Peggy(a rare picture as her ears are rarely forward!)
unfinished-raw-peggy.jpg

Min,

Your thumb sounds very painful. Ouch!! I hope it heals fast.

The sketch is coming along, showing promise. Keep it up!

Courtney
Thank you girls,luckily,it was my right thumb and I'm left handed,you dont realise how important that little didgit is ,even on the wrong hand until you cant use it ! and thanks for the comments on Peggy,
Tenny I have never been able to draw well hunny,but I promise if you follow the very simple instructions by Lee Hammond you will improve,she has qiute a few books out on pencil sketching,I have many,many books on drawing and painting but she hit the nail on the head for me and my work is improving in leaps and bounds.
One of the key probs for me was drawing in light with a pencil, now I draw it out with an eraser,and that simple step has made a major differance to my work hun, give her a try,her sketching books cover horses/people /animals in general.If you dont want to buy Iam sure she will be in your' local library,keep practicing hun.
regards
min. :thumbsup:
Angela, hope you have better times ahead & Min hoping your thumb heals quickly & good luck with your projects.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
min wrote: Thank you girls,luckily,it was my right thumb and I'm left handed,you dont realise how important that little didgit is ,even on the wrong hand until you cant use it ! and thanks for the comments on Peggy,
Tenny I have never been able to draw well hunny,but I promise if you follow the very simple instructions by Lee Hammond you will improve,she has qiute a few books out on pencil sketching,I have many,many books on drawing and painting but she hit the nail on the head for me and my work is improving in leaps and bounds.
One of the key probs for me was drawing in light with a pencil, now I draw it out with an eraser,and that simple step has made a major differance to my work hun, give her a try,her sketching books cover horses/people /animals in general.If you dont want to buy Iam sure she will be in your' local library,keep practicing hun.
regards
min. :thumbsup:

Min, thanks for the tip. I did find her book today in the library. Also bought some softer pencils and kneaded eraser. Now if I could just buy some talent! :oops:
To my forum friends:

I have been asked to help care for a relative in another city. I will be away from a computer until I am able to return to my home. I don't know when that will be.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to reply to the current postings. But, I"ve been involved with plans & preparations.

You all will be in my thoughts.

Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
bjt wrote: To my forum friends:

I have been asked to help care for a relative in another city. I will be away from a computer until I am able to return to my home. I don't know when that will be.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to reply to the current postings. But, I"ve been involved with plans & preparations.

You all will be in my thoughts.

Betty

Betty take care and we will hear from you when you get back.
Tina B
I'm still alive and kicking, although I seem to have little time or inspiration these days to do much digiscrapping. Both my 6 yr old daughter and myself won a couple of blue ribbons this past summer in the open photography class, and I also got a People's Choice award one of them as well.

In May she suffered a freak accident and part of her right ring finger was taken off in a grill of a truck - two reconstructive surgeries later and she has full use of her hand and the missing portion is hardly noticeable.

The hobby farm and its critters, plus homeschooling keeps me pretty busy, and while I do stop by to read here occasionally it seems I have little to contribute.

Just upgraded to PSE 9.0 today and can't get the Organizer to open. :evil: I started having that problem in PSE 8 which is why I broke down and upgraded. So at the moment I'm not a happy camper.
Oh, Jane,
I am so sorry to learn of Bekah's accident. But, glad to know the effect seems to be as good as it can be.
Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty.

Here is Bekah & Ari this afternoon- today is his 5th birthday. And the puppy is our new 8 week old Staffie Bull named "Cleo" as in Cleopatra due to her black eye markings.

32 posts Page 3 of 4