Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
6 posts Page 1 of 1
When I click on a menu that has an arrow to the right it brings up a drop down menu. This has always been on the right. All of a sudden it comes up on the left. If anyone can help me get it back on the right I'd be very grateful. For instance If I click on Filter, then Artistic, then a menu pops up listing the options. This drop down is now on the left instead of the right.

Anita
Anita, look under the windows tab( in elements or photoshop) and see if there is a reset workspace or something similar. Worth try
I tried that, Suzi. It didn't work. Thanks anyhow.

Anita
Back to the drawing board
westiemom wrote: When I click on a menu that has an arrow to the right it brings up a drop down menu. This has always been on the right. All of a sudden it comes up on the left. If anyone can help me get it back on the right I'd be very grateful. For instance If I click on Filter, then Artistic, then a menu pops up listing the options. This drop down is now on the left instead of the right.

Anita

Do you mean the pop-up window is coming up on the left now? Or has the little arrow moved to the left of the menu item?

If it is the pop-up window, they are context sensitive and if the program doesn't think there is enough room for the pop-up on the right, it will put it on the left. Now, there could be room and the program is wrong, but it tries to do the best fit. I'm really not sure why this would happen on the main menu, for Filter, Artistic though... have you changed the usual layout at all of your editor?

Courtney
Courtney, the little arrow is still on the right but the menu pops up on the left. It's not just the filter menus but all of them. It's driving me crazy. I haven't changed the layout. I was using the ruler for something and I cleared the ruler guides and it started happening. I don't know if I accidentally hit a key or something.

Anita
6 posts Page 1 of 1