Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
17 posts Page 1 of 2
The PM's I've tried to send are sitting in my Outbox. I guess I don't really understand the process. Once I submit a PM, does it reside in the Outbox until it is retrieved by the recipient? I'm guessing that's the case. If it's not, will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks. :?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I think you might be right - I noticed mine were sitting in my outbox - and then magically dispapearing and people were responding to the pm's so they must be going through.
Thanks. I kept thinking they should act like mail - only hit the Outbox until the send process completed. There sure are a lot of shiny, happy faces here. :D
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
sarch99 wrote: Thanks. I kept thinking they should act like mail - only hit the Outbox until the send process completed. There sure are a lot of shiny, happy faces here. :D

I like the shiny happy faces. Glad here the email is working properly.
jane,
It looks like my PM isn't working right. I add a username to the recipient's box and compose the message and when I click send I get an error message that a recipient wasn't chosen....can't figure out what's going on.... :?:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas, try looking the person up on the members list and send the PM from the link in their profile or do it from their name in a post. Probably another gliche thats needs worked out to do it manually.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Chas, I sent you a PM, let me know if you got it.

Edit: I did not get the error message you did when sending the PM to you. After I typed in your name I clicked the Add button to the right of the recipient box. That added a small box just above where I typed with your name after it. I have edited this because I am off to bed and see that you have not read the PM yet as it is still in my Outbox.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
I did get your PM.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Ah yes - the add box, you have to click it or it won't jnow who to send it to.

Another fun featrure is the friiiends/foes in the User Control Panel (UCP) - If you add folks that you regularly pm to your friends list that list will show up to the left of you pm composition box and you just have to click on the add button next to their name to send them a pm.
Jane,
I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
17 posts Page 1 of 2