Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I don't know about you, but I have the "Rule of Thirds " displayed on my LCD on my DSLR. It helps me compose quite a bit. Well,I took this one step further. I now display the same grid when using PSE or CS4.
To get it there....Edit>Preferences>Grid>100 percent>3 divisions and set the color of the grid to your liking.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
that is good info to keep on file
Tina B
I have set as my 'preference' in PSE; never thought I could do it in my Nikon. According to the owners manual for my D80, my only choices are to set the grid display to ON or to OFF.

I would love to get a viewfinder grid in thirds.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I have CS5. When I tried to follow your steps [edit - pref - grid - 100% - 3 div] it didn't work - other than edit, those selections were not there. When I use the crop tool, I get the following. Is that different from what you get with CS4?

Thanks in advance - Russ

I can't speak for CS5 but can't imagine it is much different from PSE. After Edit > Preference > Grid, these settings will produce exactly what you showed in your post.
Grid.jpg
Grid.jpg (36.25 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

Rusty

(make the color whatever you like)
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
As you can see in the photo below, that option is not available with CS5, unless I'm doing something wrong. Which seems to happen more often that not.

Russ/Rusty

Its is a MAC/PC difference in Photoshop.

In the MAC version, the Preference Menu is under Photoshop - the first item on the menu bar.
John
Russ,
The grid that you display in the above screen shot is the correct grid.(rule of thirds)
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thanks everyone.
9 posts Page 1 of 1