Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I was having problems getting the Organizer to open in PSE 8.0 so today I upgraded to PSE 9.0 today. At first Organizer worked great and I was able to sort through and edit a bunch of photos. Came back later to do some more work and Organizer wouldn't open at all. I've tried from the Welcome screen, Editor and going into the file itself and clicking on the exe file. Nothing!

Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks!
I am really sorry not to be able to help. I keep using version 6 and I am at a loss what to do with numerous complaints about newer versions. We have lost our best help about organizer : John R. Ellis did not upgrade to version 9 and jumped to LR! Not a lot of answers on this type of problem at the Village either...
Perhaps a search on Adobe's forums?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Wags!

Good to see you back here.

The most obvious question is have you done a shut-down and reboot. I have frequent issues with CS3/CS5 and Elements where something starts not working and then :puter: :doh: realize it is time to reboot.

Next on the list would be to start Organizer with the 3-finger salute and reset the preferences.
John
And if all that fails, try a reinstall.....
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I've searched the Adobe forums and everywhere else.... it won't even open enough for me to give it the old CTRL+SHIFT+ALT. Guess its time for a reinstall.
Hi Jane, we miss you around here!

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Jane it is good to hear from you.
Thanks y'all. I am so far behind in scrapping its not even funny. I keep telling myself that someday I'll be caught up and have time to learn something new. Maybe after I've managed to save up for a new computer - this one is 7 yrs old and on its last legs and has to be babied.

I'm frequently limited to just sites I can access from an unactivated DROID phone. (it picks up the house wifi even without being signed up on a plan.)
I can't offer any help on this particular subject ... I don't use the organizer and still use PSE7. But, I have to wonder how much the operating system may or may not have to do with it?

I occasionally have quirks with PSE7 and especially with three of the add-ons I regularly use: PT Lens, Topaz and sometimes Neat Image. The problems can easily be solved by closing and then reopening the Editor. They seem to have become more frequent since I upgraded to Win7.

But, you are using PSE9 and I have to believe Adobe was considering new operating systems when they rolled out the latest version of Elements.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I'm still running on XP - and the problem started in PSE8 a few weeks ago. Worked once correctly in PSE 9 and then I'm back to having issues again.

I just checked Processes - and discovered that more than one Organizer is running - but I'm not seeing it on my screen. I have no idea what that means, but I figure its probably not a good thing.
11 posts Page 1 of 2