Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
This afternoon I could use the scroll to zoom in and out on a photo, now I can't do it. I checked in preferences and the box is checked to use wheel to zoom. I closed the program and restarted, I restarted Windows.

Is there anything else I can try?
You may want to try resetting your preferences. You do this when PSE7 starts up. I know there is a post somewhere dealing with this. I believe you have to hold down ctrl,alt,and shift all together at PSE7 start-up. I think it then asks you if you want to delete your preferences. Then delete them and restart PSE7.
PSE7 rebuilds them upon start-up.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas, thanks. I did do that but it didn't work. Then I did a system restore. Now it seems to be working. (Keeping fingers crossed!)
Funny gizmos these 'puters...:)
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: Funny gizmos these 'puters...:)
Chas

So true! My son, the programmer, tells me they can't do anything they're not told to do. I think I must have a gremlin living in mine....can't think who else is telling it to act up!
Tennie,

Did you try a system reboot. That is a Shutdown, Then when off, press the Power On button to reboot.

My system gets a little flaky - usually shows up as the brush being a bullseye instead of a circle and can't be reset. Other odd behaviour in other programs also, but mostly in Elements
John
You can always try giving your computer a good hard whack! It won't fix the problem, but it might make you feel a little better. :) I, like your son, am (was) a programmer and I am amazed at how computers suddenly start flaking out, seemingly out of nowhere. You think nothing has changed, but there are always those Microsoft patches for security, bug fixes, etc, etc. Those update your computer and can cause big problems. It's so frustrating.

Courtney
You must be right, Courtney! I think I finally have everything back the way I want it. Everything was changed but I didn't notice because I was so frustrated with the lack of scroll to zoom.

My daughter's trying to talk me into a Mac and even my son is thinking of going that way.
8 posts Page 1 of 1