Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
ok... I am working on a frame, it has a filled layer with the blend mode changed to exclusion.
I need to merge all of my layers into a new final layer and keep my exclusion layer from turning blue again.
I have tried and tried.... and for the life of me, I can't get it. :o

any suggestions????
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi_boo wrote: ok... I am working on a frame, it has a filled layer with the blend mode changed to exclusion.
I need to merge all of my layers into a new final layer and keep my exclusion layer from turning blue again.
I have tried and tried.... and for the life of me, I can't get it. :o

any suggestions????

I don't understand what you are aiming at : you can't merge all layers and still have an exclusion layer ? Is your frame layer simplified ? Could you describe (or show) your layer palette ?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Kimi , i simplified the layer then merged visible and it worked. See if that does it for you.
Let me start over....

I am designing a frame.
I am adding a blue layer on very low opacity, changing the blend mode to exclusion. (gives a nice yellow tone)
So I have my grungy frame that I made.
I have a heavy 50% gray vignette layer, blend mode set to multiply
and I have a small black vignette layer.

I need to merge all of them together to create my final png file.
I can get the multiply layer to behave.
but if I use Ctrl, Alt, Shift, E to merge into the new layer. My blue goes back to blue, instead of staying in the yellow tone from the exclusion layer.
Am I trying to do something, that can't be done? :doh:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Judy's solution sounds like it should work. Once it's simplified it shouldn't change color again.

Or perhaps can you merge all the layers except the exclusion? Then do that one at the end? I have found that the order you merge layers affects the outcome.
Wish I could duplicate your layers to see what the possibilities are.
I have nothing to simplify???

I guess it comes down to how do you combine a blue exclusion layer with anything and still keep the blend mode, so it doesn't turn blue again.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
If what you want is to merge several layers and have a solid blue layer in exclusion mode above, you should not use stamp visible (Ctrl Alt Shift E), but merge the bottom layers, for example setting visibility of the blue layer off and 'merge visible', then setting visibility of the blue layer again will keep the exclusion effect... But I am not sure this is what you want ?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
will give this a try Michel.... Thanks!
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
8 posts Page 1 of 1