Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I just downloaded and installed a set of filters from the plugin place. The name is Harry's Filters.
Has anyone had any problems using freeware fro this site? The reason I'm asking is because I got a warning after I installed them. The warning was that this program may harm your computer....it's got me worried.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I've used Harry's filters for years, never got a warning. If you have Windows it seems that give that warning for every executable file you download.

But my AVG keeps putting my Add-o-Matic in the Virus Vault. I have to remove it each time.
Funny you should mention Add-O-Matic....McAfee anti-virus recognizes it as a virus too. I wonder if anyone ever asked Graffi about this?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, I did a google search to see if others are reporting problems with the filters. I found only one remark. http://en.kioskea.net/download/download ... -s-filters
Let us know if you decide to use the filters or not.
I've wondered about Harry's filters for a long period of time -- as to how useful others find them.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Tennie seems to have no problem with them.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Hopefully, the download file hasn't been corrupted since Tennie download the files.
If you decide to use the filters, it sure would be nice to see your results.
Good luck :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I emailed Graffi and asked him about the anti virus issues. He said the compression he uses probably sets off a false positive to the anti virus program. He said that going into the settings page of the program and making an exception for Add-O-Matic usually fixes the problem.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
I had emailed him also. I can do the settings thing so that I can use Add-o-Matic, AVG doesn't even give a warning then. BUT, it removes it to the virus vault with a full system scan. Then I need to go in and restore it.

Maybe other antivirus programs can do a complete exception. Or if anyone finds the way to do it with AVG I'd be grateful for the directions.

As for Harry's filters, I find they're more fun to play rather than being strictly useful. YMMV
8 posts Page 1 of 1