Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Three traveling salesmen go into a hotel to get rooms for the night. Unfortunately the clerk tells them that there is only one room with three beds left. If they would take the room he would only charge them $10.00 each for a total of $30.00.

The salesmen decided that this was okay and each gave him $10.00 and went up to the room.

Later, the clerk got to thinking that $30.00 was too much for this room for one night so he called the bellboy over. He handed him a $5.00 bill and instructed him to take it up to the three salesmen and tell them that $30.00 was too much.

On the way up to the room, the bellboy decided that there was no way you can divide $5.00 by three evenly so he decided to keep $2.00 and give each of the salesmen $1.00 back which meant that each salesmen paid $9.00 for the room.

Now for the catch to this story.

Each salesmen paid $9.00. Three times $9.00 equals $27.00 and the $2.00 that the bellboy kept only adds up to $29.00. Where did the other dollar go??
OK, I give up! You stumped me. That's a good one. PM me the answer so I don't go insane and you don't ruin it for everyone else reading this. :saint: :bigwink:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Russ !!!

This is real cute. I really had to keep my thinking cap on :rotfl:

I guess its a play on numbers for sure !!!

It started out with $30.00 dollars and the clerk gave back $5.00 leaving a balance of $25.00.right !

the bellboy was given $5.00. He then gave the 3 salesmen back $1.00 each total $3.00

the bell boy kept $2.00 for himself.

The Clerk has his $25.00 the salesmen have their $3.00 and the bell boy has his $2.00 This totals up to $30.00

The other dollar was not lost at all it was there all the time :toast:

P.S. I did have a little help from my friend.......Image
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
Now I thought of that but I thought there had to be more to it than that. George, time to share your friend again. :toast:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Russinator wrote:
Each salesmen paid $9.00. Three times $9.00 equals $27.00 and the $2.00 that the bellboy kept only adds up to $29.00. Where did the other dollar go??

The point is the $2.00 the bellboy kept is already factored into the $27 (25+2) and is a misleading or erroneous statement. Looks good, but doesn't stand up to critical analysis.

Sounds like almost anything that comes out of a politicians mouth at election time!
John
Quote: from John !!!!

The point is the $2.00 the bellboy kept is already factored into the $27 (25+2) and is a misleading or erroneous statement. Looks good, but doesn't stand up to critical analysis.

Sounds like almost anything that comes out of a politicians mouth at election time!John

P.S. John looks like where going to the polls again.....more Political B.S. as usual :rotfl:

George :toast:
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
George,

Yup, they're back at again. A month or more of the same old - same old tired rhetoric! :help:

And all to lead back to the same position!

I'm gonna have a cuppa or two! :toast:
John
7 posts Page 1 of 1