Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Yesterday my DW took me on a photo shoot at "The Self-Realization Fellowship Retreat and Hermitage Gardens" in Encinitas, California. In case you don't know where Encinitas is, and why would you, it's about 60 miles north of the Mexican border. It's in San Diego county. It's a small beach/surfer's town.

A small section the grounds is open to the public - that area is about 2 acres. It sits on top of a cliff over looking the Pacific Ocean. They have places for people to walk, sit, meditate, view their gardens, coy ponds, water falls and the Pacific Ocean.

I took 139 pictures while we were walking and viewing their grounds. I got several beautiful pictures that I will share with you in this post. Below is the walkway that takes you to the gardens. This might be my least favorite of the pictures I will post; however, with it being the entrance, in my humble opinion, it's a good place to start.

In a different thread Chas wrote: Russ,I'm impressed with your anthurium. I was told by a florist that they only grew in Hawaii. Chas

When I saw these anthuriums I remembered what Chas' florist told him. So I took this picture, even though the flowers weren't as nice as they could have been.

Russ that looks like a photographers paradise. Wonderful photos.
Great photos,Russ. Just goes to show you,ya can't believe everything you hear.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: Great photos,Russ. Just goes to show you,ya can't believe everything you hear.
Chas

ladybug wrote: Russ that looks like a photographers paradise. Wonderful photos.

Judy and Chas, thanks for the kind words. I agree with you Chas, you can't believe everything you hear.

Below is one of the photos I took at the gardens. If you are ever in the San Diego area, I recommend a visit to this place.

We've been to San Diego several times but we've never visited Encinitas. We will surely look the place up next trip. There is so much to see in the San Diego area that it takes several trips to see it all. And then I'm not sure of that either. Just the museums at Balboa Park can take up several days of touring.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: We've been to San Diego several times but we've never visited Encinitas. We will surely look the place up next trip. There is so much to see in the San Diego area that it takes several trips to see it all. And then I'm not sure of that either. Just the museums at Balboa Park can take up several days of touring.
Chas

Chas, I have to agree with you. Back in the late 60s and the early 70s I lived in Encinitas. Back then it was looked at as being way out in the country. Actually, it was a lot better back then. Now it's just another beach town with way too many people and way too many yuppies. The other side of the coin is that, when I lived there, it was a small beach town full of surfers and beach bums.
There is so much to see in the San Diego area

And... there's always the Tijuana Trolley! Alas, all the violence of recent years has taken the bloom off that rose.

Russ, I have driven past the exit sign for Encinitis on several occasions. I obviously missed something.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: And... there's always the Tijuana Trolley! Alas, all the violence of recent years has taken the bloom off that rose. Russ, I have driven past the exit sign for Encinitas on several occasions. I obviously missed something. Rusty

Rusty, there are a few things in Encinitas that would make it worth stopping to see. Just north of Encinitas is Carlsbad, where my oldest son lives with his family. If you are ever in Carlsbad, in the spring, stop at the flower fields. They are spectacular!!!!! I'm thinking of taking my DW there for Mother's Day.
In my humble opinion, flowers are amazing!!!!

15 posts Page 1 of 2