Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Can someone please tell me the path to install Medhi Kaleidoscope in CS5? It is an 8bf file.

I can't get it to show up.

Is there a list of the paths that things go into? I just got new computer with Win 7 yesterday.

Thanks.
The 64 bit version or the 32 one??? It does not come with an install built into it??
This is for the 64 byte

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

this is for the 32 byte

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins
Suzi, thank you so much. I thought I had put it in the plug in file. I tried it both for 32 and 64 - at different times. In my old ver. CS5 on my computer before it crashed, it was in the Filter menu. All of my Topaz files are showing up. I know they self-install. This Medhi one doesn't self install. You just unzip the file and then have to put it somewhere. LOL

I'll try it again.
Hi Carol,

I have become an advocate of using the Additional Plugins Folder (Edit, Preferences, Plugins) to handle my downloaded plugins - (Impressionist Filter, Noise Ninja, Photomatix, PTLENS and others).

The advantage is that some of these need to be installed with a licence number and the number is location specific, not software specific. So, once I have installed Noise Ninja and activated the licence, I can access it from CS3, CS5, PSE 4,5,9, etc).

Now, a lot of these I don't use anymore, but it is a photoshop feature that works well. I keep ally my plugins in My Documents in a Folder called My Plugins.

Works like a charm!
John
5 posts Page 1 of 1