Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
21 posts Page 2 of 3
Forgot to mention that as soon as this happened I replaced 2 low cartridges thinking that was the problem, but the printing results were still the same.
Thanks,
Mary
Could you possibly have partially clogged ink spray nozzles? Have you used the ink head cleaning utility that came with your printer?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
That's one of the first things I checked, Chas.
Thanks,
Mary
Hi Mary,

Kind of stumped here.

The puzzle is, the printer works outside of Elements and produces satisfactory images. From Elements, no luck.

Your settings appear to be right and as long as you are using the right paper type settings in your printer driver, it should work.

Maybe if you post screen shots of your individual settings, something will show up.

Let us know if you need help with the screen shots.
John
The puzzling thing about this is that it appears to have happened all-of-a-sudden.

Have been following this thread a bit and noticed that in your very first post you said you can print from Easy Print with no trouble, and then you said the above a few posts later. Were you ever able to print correctly from Elements?
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks again, everyone, for your interest. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about Elements and EasyPhotoPrint.
I had been printing in Elements for a long time when this happened. Then I compared my faded photos with EPP and found the colors in EPP to be much better.

2 things: The Elements images have appeared to be a little better after several printings with the new cartridges. (Didn't know it took them that long to kick in). Also, under Printer Preferences/Color Intensity I've gone to Manual and beefed up the Color Balance to 10 for the 3 colors and this was a little better. (The Color Correction has always been set to Driver Matching).

Bottom Line: Easy Photo Print is still about 20% better in color than in Elements. Right now I seem to have 2 choices: print in EPP or print in Elements with some more experimentation with the Manual settings. At this point, however, I'm not excited about experimenting more extensively since I've already used up lots of matte photo paper (I make notecards) and cartridge ink trying to get colors like I used to.

Don't know about screen shots, John. Could you tell me more?

Thanks,
Mary
Mary,

First, here is a link to a printer calibration image. I suggest you use the one at the bottom right - the one with all the baby pictures at the bottom OR the one at the top right.

Link is http://www.inkjetart.com/custom/

These images should display on your monitor and print from photoshop with the same relative image quality. The images are useful because they contain a lot of things that we can readily recognize as being right/wrong. On my system, what displays on screen, prints the same way - because the screen id profiled with a Spyder 3 profiling system.

Secondly, the print screen.

Depends on your OS - and I don't think you have posted that yet. Inn WinXP, it is press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. You can then go to Photoshop Elements and a File, New, Image from Clipboard and the screenshot is open to Elements as a picture. You can select crop to the relevant area, do a Save for Web and downsize it a post to the thread.

If you don't have XP, please post your OS or give it a shot and see what happens.
John
Hi John,

Thanks for your suggestions. I may be in a little over my head here. Have to ask - what is an OS? In the next few days I'll attempt to follow your post.

Thanks,
Mary
Mary OS means your operating system. Such as xp, or windows 7.
Thanks, Judy. I'm on Vista.

Mary
21 posts Page 2 of 3