Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
21 posts Page 1 of 3
Am experiencing faded colors when printing from Elements 9. Tried Edit/Color Settings/Always Optimize for Printing, but no luck Then tried Easy Photo Print which comes with the Canon printer and the colors are fine! I much prefer printing from Elements, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mary
That's really odd. I'm sure someone will have some ideas for you. I don't print, in fact we've been out of color ink for awhile now with no plans to buy more. It's so expensive. We have a b&w laser printer we use instead... obviously not for photos. I wish I could be of some help. I googled for you and found this:
http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/ ... ofiles.htm

Courtney
Hi Mary,

Could you please provide some more details? Some background like:

Is this a recent development?
Have you printed successfully from previous versions of Elements?
Options selected from PSE9 for printing?
Printer settings?
Brand and Name of printer.
Type of paper?
?
John
Hi Mary,
Sorry to hear you're having printer issues. I'm using PSE9 and it prints fine with my old HP all-in- one unit.
In color management, you have the option of having the printer manage the colors of your photo editor software. If it's not working in one mode, it may work in the other.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Mary,

To follow up onwhat Chas said, at least for now until you get close to something controllable and post more information.

In Elements, select from the print dialogue, Printer Manages Colors

In the Printer dialogue box, select the proper paper type (best if you use manafacturer specific paper and ink) and print.

Elements is probably the only application you have on your computer that is capable of Color Managament, so it is not unusual for this type of problem to show up - specifically, works great outside, misses the mark in Elements.

And finally, the ultimate in colour management can only be achieved if you have a calibrated screen (lots of options here, but most in the 100-300 dollat price range) - and practice color managament throughout the process.
John
Thank you all so much for your replies! 2 things: This is a very recent problem and I tried printing on Elements 7 and still have the same problem! When I print a photo with deep, rich colors there's not such a great difference as there is with lighter colors, but it's still there.

I have been working in Printer Manages Colors. Right now I've been experimenting with intensities in color management and the colors are a little better but still pretty flat.

Later on today I will try to get back with more details and answers to questions (with some of my own about color management). Just wanted to check in for now and mention that I appreciate the help.

Thanks again!!
Mary
Mary,

Please post info on your type of printer. Unfortunately, each printer manufacturer has their own unique printer dialogue and if we need to get into specifics, it will be important to know the make and model of your printer.
John
Thanks, John. I have a Canon iP6700D.
Mary
Thanks for expanding on what I said. John,you really have a way with words. I hope we can do Mary some good.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Here is a little more information. I use Epson matte photo paper and that's what my printer is set for plus it's at High quality and Auto Color. Under Color Manager I have Printer Manages Colors and under Rendering Intent I have Relative Coloromatic.

The puzzling thing about this is that it appears to have happened all-of-a-sudden.

Thanks again,
Mary
21 posts Page 1 of 3