Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been working with a girl in 4H with her phtography and she was pleased to get a blue ribbon on her entry. I told her what the judges would look for and to go out and take no less than 100 photos. We sifted through the photos and I had her pick which ones she wanted to use. Then I explained what was good or bad with each one. She needed 4 photos for her category. The directions said cropping was allowed so I showed her how to use elements to do the cropping. She also used the tool to straighten the horizon on another . I let her choose the photos and let her do the cropping so she would enter her work not mine. She was a good student and she has been doing photgraphy with me since she was about 8. I would give her a digital camera and tell her to go and shoot. We looked at some of her first photos and boy has she improved over the years. Now she is 15 and loves phtography.
Tina B
Tina,
You deserve a gold star AND a blue ribbon for the fine mentoring you've done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Tina,
That's awesome!! Give the girl and yourself both a big pat on the back.
That's really nice that you've been mentoring her. I'm happy for both of you. :)

Courtney
That's great, Tina. It's so nice that you've helped someone develop a love of photography.

Anita
Tina,
What a wonderful thing you've done. It reminds me of one of my favorite sayings ...

100 years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what type of house I lived in, or how much money I had in my bank account but that I was important in the life of a child.

I guess that pretty much says it all, doesn't it? :thumbsup:
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I always loved that quote..........& Tina is a great example of this. Looks like you have a really big heart & the student is really lucky to have you in her life. Her parents must be really proud of both of you.
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
7 posts Page 1 of 1