Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
15 posts Page 1 of 2
I took this photo with a telephone lens as I was standing on the pier in Malibu, CA.

Sorry, in the photo below, the frame was cut off on the right side but you can see the whole thing at the site below.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3148188?refresh=1

Fabulous photo, Russ. The power of the ocean never fails to amaze me. The frame really shows your work at its best.
Frame. Just my 2 cents. :)

Courtney
Neat photo. I like the frame.
The frame looks good here, Russ, simple but effective. Might I suggest another idea or two?
On the photo layer, try an inner bevel, perhaps only 2 or 3 pixels in width. It is very subtle but will add a lot of depth to the image and separate it from the canvas mat, almost making it look 3D as if you are looking through a window to the outside world.

A simple one pixel black or dark gray stroke on the image layer is another idea, simpler than the bevel but it will still provide a great deal of depth and separation for such a simple change.

I use the first technique quite often, sometimes it is so subtle that it is difficult to see. A typical example can be seen here:

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/2857800/19834

Excellent shot BTW; at first I thought you might be holding your camera while hanging ten on a surfboard, and I thought...wow whatta guy!
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
I like the way it looks in the frame the best. My two cents.
I like the frame too and Joe's idea :)
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Joe, thanks for the tip. I will go back and do it over using your suggestions.

Thanks to everyone else for your votes. I also liked the framed piece best.
Here's the beveled piece.

Here's the stroked piece.

It is hard to see Russ but i think the beveled one looks more realistic.
15 posts Page 1 of 2