Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, you probably know by now that PSE10 has been released. All of the new additions are on the PET site.
IMHO there isn't enough new stuff to upgrade to it. Check it out for yourselves.....I'd like to hear your opinions.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas i still have my pse4 loaded. I bought pse8 in order to get cs5 at a good price and never installed it.
I do think that many scrappers will enjoy the text on a path in pse10.
I'm going to pass on this version also. Not worth upgrading for me.
Hey, Charlotte -- great to see you popping in here. It's been too long.

I'm not sure about PSE10. I probably really need to look again at the features of 8 & 9. I have been an odd-man as far as PSE is concerned, progressing from 1 -to- 3 -to- 5 -to- 7. I never thought it necessary to spend the money to upgrade every year so I skipped every other year. However, I did not buy 9 so I'm still using PSE7.

I'm guessing that, three iterations later, PSE10 is likely to have features I will enjoy but miss out of in 7. However, I know from experience that some of the touted "features" are things I have no interest in and never use. I never did take the time to explore whether or not 9 was that much better than 7.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I did go from PSE7 to 9. The content aware spot healing brush was worth the price of the upgrade. I am surprised that Adobe didn't add the rest of the content aware functionality to PSE10.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: I did go from PSE7 to 9. The content aware spot healing brush was worth the price of the upgrade. I am surprised that Adobe didn't add the rest of the content aware functionality to PSE10.
Chas

Chas you know they have to keep some goodies exclusive to photoshop .
Chas you know they have to keep some goodies exclusive to photoshop .

That is a fine line Adobe is trying to walk. I'm guessing they envision Elements as a program for people like me that don't see the need for all the Photoshop features. They probably also consider it a pretty good teaser ... look at how many of the people here have moved from PSE to Photoshop.

If they keep putting more and more into PSE, they risk reaching the point where many people will pass on paying seven times as much to buy Photoshop. (I have been at that point ever since I started with Elements.)

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
7 posts Page 1 of 1