Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Stupid question - but already thinking towards Sunbury Court next year.
The best angle to approach a problem is the try angle.

Ann

Ann's Gallery
Glad to see you back here, Ann. It's been too long.

I enjoyed the News from Ratville. I especially liked the second shot of the three white ones together.

What 'project' should you adopt for yourself? Starting early to think about it is a good idea. Gives you time to consider possibilities and then look for images. I had some thoughts.

Designs: depending on what's available where you live, you may think of a common 'design' theme and then search out a collection of images to fit. Diagonal Lines, Triangles, Rounded Shapes, etc. One that comes to mind that shouldn't be too difficult would be Arches ... freestanding structures, doorways, windows, etc...
Designs.jpg
Designs.jpg (139.69 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

Public Art: does your town have much in the way of this? If you have a lot to choose from, you could search out funny or odd examples...
Funky.jpg
Funky.jpg (107.9 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

Tell a Story: sort of a takeoff on photojournalism. Are you going to do something or take part in something that lends itself to a start-to-finish illustrated story? It might be a bus trip to visit a famous garden, an outdoor art fair, a band concert in the park. This is one I did in connection with my church's construction of a new school gym. I wanted to show the progress of clearing the land, construction and, finally, first use...
Story Board.jpg
Story Board.jpg (153.32 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

Landmarks: think about local landmarks that everybody takes snapshots of. Try to do something different. You could take all of your photographs through a window; the more interesting the window shape, the better. Or, you could take all of your photographs as reflections in a window (or from any other smooth surface)...
Window.jpg
Window.jpg (116.48 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

Just some thoughts. Have fun.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, I like your suggestions & nice examples. :bigwink:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Very nice arches / design photo, Rusty.

Courtney
Thank you.
The best angle to approach a problem is the try angle.

Ann

Ann's Gallery
5 posts Page 1 of 1