Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
19 posts Page 2 of 2
apparently the nonmembers are confused as to how many contests they should enter. I notice there is a lot of 'green' being posted today, which is the theme for the current PrestoPhoto contest. Would changing the 'Image of the Month' name to something more specific be of help? ex: Image of the Month for Photoshopcreative net Members Only

(I'm sure others could offer a much better name for our contests) --- or maybe a password protected contest section could be established. (Not that I want more passwords) --- just trying to think of a solution :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
The name of the contest is not going to make any difference. There is no contest description when you go to enter your image/page so people are simply just checking off all contest. The only thing that might catch their eye when doing this is if I put in all caps in the title PCE Members Only but everyone has stated that don't want to chance the non members not visiting and joining the forum. Although there is in the description an open invitation for them to join.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I have checked all options and setup controls again. There is nothing I can do on my end to prevent non member entries. I have tried to avoid bothering Christian with this but I did email him to see if there was anything that could be done to straighten this out.

My only other thought since the non members don't seem to have comments enabled is that if they do get votes, give them and Honorable Mention award. There is an option when adding the awards to put a message to that person. I could say something like "Thank you for entering the PCE Image of the Month contest. You have received our Honorable Mention award. Unfortunately, we cannot award anything more than this as this is a contest for members only and we don't have actual prizes other than monthly bragging rights. We would love to have as part of our Photoshop Creative Elements Community. Won't you join us. Simply go the the bottom of the PrestoPhoto home page under Community and click the Photoshop Creative Elements link. Hope have you as part of our family."

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I have just been checking to see if they are members.
Once again the awesome Spyder has come through for us. He has added a new feature where I can remove non member entries and at the same time send them a message as to why where I can invite them to join us. If there continue to enter without joining the forum, I can ban them so they can't enter again. If the join after that, I can reinstate them. Pretty cool right.

I will do my best to keep up with it but as you all know, the beginning of the month is here and this is my busiest time with work and I am absent so much from checking in. I will try to do so daily. If you see me falling behind and catching the entries please send me a PM or a Yahoo Instant Message. My Yahoo is always on since I use it for communicating with boss daily and a few of you as well.

Thank you Christian.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all Moderators can also remove these images from the contest. If you don't remember the login send me a message and I will send it to you.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, Spyder & Christian - the new options certainly will be helpful in lessening the confusion in the galleries.

Kim, there are so many inactive members now, who are the current moderators?

thanks for all the help
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Your active site moderators are Rusty, SuziB, MichelB, TNJewels and Westiemom. If you need to contact one of the them to edit the contest Julie or Suzi are the best to contact because they know how to run the contest.

edit: I just sent a PM to all active Moderators with instructions to remove the non member entries so you shouldn't have any problem getting any of us to help.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Wow what a can of worms I opened when asked the original question to this post.
Thanks for taking the time to look into what could be done to keep the contest seperate. I have not posted into any of the contests to keep from getting lost in the posts from non members. Now maybe more members will start posting again.

Where is every body?

Tina B
I am here Tina. I just look through and choose my favorites from members.
19 posts Page 2 of 2