Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I have posted a tutorial on the Photoshop Members Tutorials and it all worked fine, but when I tried to post the same tutorial on the Elements Members Tutorials I got he message that there were "Too Few Characters". Any ideas
Jack,

I suspect it may be due to the way you "copied" the text over. If you did it via a Quote option, the post will appear in BBCode format and that text does not count - so the BB software "sees" no message.

Try a simple select, edit, copy, then create your new post and do a edit, paste (or the Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v shortcuts).
John
John

The original tutorial is in a Word document and all I did, as you suggested, was to Copy.Paste, and added an attachment to illustrate the tutorial. When I preview it, it looks perfect, but when I Submit it I get the Too Few Characters message. It's strange that it works OK in the Photoshop tutorial section
Jack,

Try this.

Create a new post.

type in a few words

do your copy/paste thing

submit the post. (DO NOT PREVIEW)

leave the post active and lets see what we see.
John
John

I followed your advice and posted a short sentence along with an attachment and it worked perfectly.

I then deleted the test post and tried another posting of my tutorial and this time IT WORKED. Great. Just one small point. The attachment isn't automatically displayed. You have to click on the small arrowhead to see it. Is this the way it usually works?

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I do appreciate your help

Jack
Jack,

Glad you got it working. Not sure about the attachment arrow thing. The changed to the board that they introduced seems to have resulted in a number of things being changed in style or behavior - and I don't recall how it worked before.
John
When you upload an attachment. Locate your file click add file. Then you click place inline if you want it to appear in the body and not as an attachment. But before you click place inline put your cursor on the next line of your message so it appears there.
ladybug-hide-and-seek-jw.jpg
ladybug-hide-and-seek-jw.jpg (65.93 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
Thank you Judy. I knew there must be a way of doing it. I appreciate it

Jack
8 posts Page 1 of 1