Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Win 7, PSE 14.1. Normally I use Ctrl-I to pass a photo frm PSE Organizer to PSE Editor. It stopped working several day ago. (So have the choices via the menu bar and by right click.) A real time waster to have to open each photo separately in the Editor. Help!

Harvey
Here's an updateto the previous post: This afternoon I deleted the Preferences file in order to force a reset. I then started PSE Organizer (but not the Editor) picked a photo and pressed Ctrl-I. PSE loaded the Editor and there was my photo! I closed the photo, switched back to the Org, reselected the photo and pressed Ctrl-I. Nothing happened! That is, I was not automatically switched to the Ed with the photo displayed. So, I started experimenting. What I learned: if the Ed is not already open, Ctrl-I works as normal, forcing the loading of the Ed and passing the selected photo(s) to it. If the Org is already loaded, Ctrl-I has no effect on the selected photo's). Just a few days ago Ctrl-I used to pass photos to Ed, whether or not it was loaded. I suppose I changed some setting somewhere in Windows, but have no clue as to where to start looking.

Help!

Harvey
I'm happy (and annoyed) to report the problem of Ctrl-I not working has gone away! It now works as it always has. I'm not aware of having made any changes that could explain this (I dealt with the Printer Spooler service not starting and updated a video driver) . New phase of the moon?

Harvey
3 posts Page 1 of 1