Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
$110 is a good price especially for a retail store. The AIs would be all manual on yours too. The metering only works for AIS models on some of the more advanced cameras and then you have to tell it what lens your using.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Rusty wrote: Charlotte,
It really is fun. I've used it almost every day since Xmas; most of my recent "snow pictures" were with that lens. The nice thing -- it's really dirt cheap. It's 4 tanks of gas with my little Chevy; 3 tanks if you have a SUV :mrgreen:

Rusty

Wow Rusty, what a great price and looks well worth the money :mrgreen: I just bought a new lens that was way over my budget for $750.00. I probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I didn't try. Just went to my local camera shop and bought it. I am just starting w/the SLR camera and have so many things that I need for halfway decent photography that its mind boggling. I love your pictures and your gallery. Do you do private lessons on photography? Just kidding, but I do like your photos.
Rusty,

I've been off-line for a couple of weeks, so I just saw this post.

I have the same lens (love it!!) and have always used it locked in f/22. On my D80, I get the EE error display when I move the aperture ring from 22, and I've never spent any time trying to figure out how to convince the camera to let me use the ring to dial in the aperture... one of these days, though.

Byron
Well, nice to have you back, Byron.

To tell the truth, I was expecting an answer from you when I made the initial post. It's nice to know you weren't ignoring me because you were mad. :mrgreen:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty,

Actually, I've been ignoring everybody on the forums!! :mrgreen:

We took a short-notice trip to Idaho the week before Christmas, and then had rotating batches of visitors through the Holidays... In truth, I de-prioritized on-line stuff in favor of doing things with the family and friends. I just started trying to catch up on the forums yesterday.

I'm glad you posted the question about the lens - I've been meaning to work out how to use the aperture ring manually, and maybe this will give me a nudge.

Hope the New Year is good to you!

Byron
15 posts Page 2 of 2