Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
21 posts Page 2 of 3
Charlotte, Volume 1 was down to $11.49, why not get both since you can get them for less than the regular price of Volume 2. From the description 2 is totally different in content than 1 which is a good book to have.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thank you Kim. I'm going to order the books right now before my coupon expires. I need all the help I can get.
Charlotte, I am pretty bummed right now. I did the pre-order at $14.99 and I was on Amazon last night and they lost my order. Now I have to pay $16.49. I decided to check around to find it cheaper today. If I don't I will go back to Amazon and have to pay the $16.49.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: Charlotte, I am pretty bummed right now. I did the pre-order at $14.99 and I was on Amazon last night and they lost my order. Now I have to pay $16.49. I decided to check around to find it cheaper today. If I don't I will go back to Amazon and have to pay the $16.49.

Kim, that's too bad. Wish I had known it I could have ordered it and sent to you. I got volume 2 for $12. I order books from Amazon at work and we spend a lot of money on the website, as a bonus I got an extra 30% off the sale price on books that are shipped from Amazon but the discount was only offered through this past Friday. I got a confirmation that my order had been placed, hope its not lost :? Good luck w/the book. I looking forward to getting the book when it comes in.
I just got notice that my copy has shipped - looking forward to it arriving. When I got Vol 1 it was pouring rain and the kids had gone to sleep in the van - so I sat in the van with them in our driveway and read it cover to cover, trying not to LOL so I wouldn't wake them up. Wonder if I'll get that lucky again. :D
Mine arrived today.......just started reading it and it has lots of good stuff!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Wags wrote: I just got notice that my copy has shipped - looking forward to it arriving. When I got Vol 1 it was pouring rain and the kids had gone to sleep in the van - so I sat in the van with them in our driveway and read it cover to cover, trying not to LOL so I wouldn't wake them up. Wonder if I'll get that lucky again. :D

Jane, that was luck!! My kids are grown but it still doesn't seem to be a peaceful quiet place in my house when everyone is home. I still hear my name called all day. Maybe I'll sit in my car and read :roll: I received notice my copy was shipped too. Hopefully I will get it before the weekend. This weekend is a 3 day weekend because I have MLK day off so maybe I could find a quiet spot somewhere.
I just got a Canon Rebel XT and am so excited. Would you recommend his first book for a first time DSLR user? I have his Photoshop for Digital Photographers, but still need to learn the aperture, ISO etc. Just starting out and want to know all I can do with my camera. I love photography and just want some advice.
Thanks. :)
Heather
Heather, first off, welcome to the forum. Hope you visit here alot. Yes, the book will most likely help you out.
Hi Heather and welcome to the forum. I would recommend you get the first one and this one. Both are very helpful books.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
21 posts Page 2 of 3