Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
22 posts Page 2 of 3
Rusty wrote: - I never did get the silky fog I was after.

Rusty

Man! you get silky fog up there? Down here we just get plain old yucky fog. Just goes to show. :roll:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
We gots snow too!
Did you watch the Packers? :mrgreen:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Wow, another difference?

No Snow and No Packers. :o ;)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Hi Rusty: Just register today because I was interested in what other folks are doing with shooting in the fog, I live on the Oregon coast and we have lots of it! I have found that using bracketing with up to five exposures has given me some really nice result. Fast exposures with wide shutter also works nice if just shooting one image at a time.
I've never had much success photographing fog. Besides, a foggy morning here in the desert is a rare occasion. Graffi,thanks for the tut on faux fog.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Hello, Shamiyim, You are welcome here.

Come back anytime, lot of friendly people here. And... yes, I sure will remember to bracket next time.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Newbie question, what's bracketing?
Dawn
Bracketing is a kind of exposure insurance. In tricky lighting conditions, the camera's meter can have problems getting the exposure just right. Instead of trying out just the one exposure, you can give multiple exposures (usually three but sometimes five) at different settings. Let's say you are in manual mode and you've chosen f5.6 @ 1/250th, you'd also give it one stop less exposure and one stop more (so you'd be changing either the shutter speed or the aperture..... in a digital camera you could actually also alter the ISO but this is less commonly done).
That's the manual way, and the various automatic modes can do the same, more easily.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Thanks for the explanation Geoff :thanks:
Bracketing is especially useful with fog images as several may turn out to be "right" with different moods.
22 posts Page 2 of 3